1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with TMD Movies

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Crippler, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crippler

Crippler Member

Ok So i went on kazaa and downloaded a movie which is .avi and there are 2 files. I want to burn it to a cd. Ive tried Nero and i guess it was going to burn it but it would take HOURS to encode it. What can I use to quickly burn these movies?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well you could use TMPGEnc to convert them to vcd then nero wouldnt have to. However if you set tmpgenc to the fastest encoding you will loose a lot of quality so by speeding it up you're making the picture worse.

3. Crippler

Crippler Member

Ok so i got that TMPGEnc and I browsed and picked the movie file which is ballistic.ecks.vs.sever.avi and it said that it is not supported or sumtin. What does that mean?!

4. Murasaki

Murasaki Member

How big is the is the 2 avi file. If 2 of them combined is less the 702mb then comebine then using vutualdub and burn the avi file as data.

5. Dela

Odd name for a movie file. Anyway, if you downloaded the movie then you more than likely will have to process the audio and make sure its not compressed.

If the file sizes are less than 300mb then its definetly compressed.

You will need 3 things, VirtualDub, Divx Low-Motion Codec and FHG Radium Mp3 Codec.

You can get VirtualDub here..
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

You can get the divx codec here..
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

You can get the Radium Codec here..
    http://www.riphelp.com/downloads/radium_codec.html

Firstly install your divx codec and then your radium codec.

Now open VirtualDub. Click File - Open Video File. Browse to your movie and click open. When your movie is loaded click Video and make sure "direct stream copy" is selected. Click Audio and make sure "full processing mode" is selected. Click Audio again and click compression. When the compression dialog is open, click no compression and click ok.

Now click File - Save Avi. The avi will be about 500mbs but TMPGEnc will be able to read it. Do this for both of your files.

6. Crippler

Crippler Member

Ill go try that later today Thank you. But I have to go to school. But when I was using nero i put both files in one and it was more than 700 mb but it had to encode and it took like 4 minutes per percent and I was not gonna wait dat long and tried looking for other programs. So Ill try the thing u told me to, but first i gtg to school. Lol ttyl!

7. Abyss

Abyss Guest

I have TMD codecs, downloaded a movie and it would not play, media player gave an error no suitable decompressor -- error # 80040200. tried divx fix found error but still would not play. what to do next?

8. Dela

Abyss read my post 3 posts up!!!!!

9. Vega7

Vega7 Member

Okay I need an answer to a question ASAP. I downloaded a TMD movie thing and Im kinda new to this whole thing and, when I tried to watch it nothing showed up but a black screen. Is there something that I need to download to watch this movie or did I just waste my time downloading something that is in fact nothing? this is kinda making me mad trying to figure this out so I was wondering if any of you could help me with this.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2002
  10. bluedvl

bluedvl Member

OK....Vega7, in order to watch your movies you need to download a codec pack. I prefer Nimo Codec Pack.
    The latest version I believe is 5.0.8, but for some reason it seems to have bug problems. so download version 5.0.7 from

http://www.allnews.de/central/?area...ile=nimopack&progname=Nimo+Codec+Pack+5.0.7

scroll all the way to the bottom and click on download. NOTE: install media player before you install Nimo codec pack, otherwise it will NOT WORK. That's all there is to it. another TIP: if you are downloading from kazza don't download a video which length is 1:02:28,
    usually it's FAKE.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2002
  11. Vega7

Vega7 Member

Thanks for the help I will try that now and then respond with the results! =)

12. Vega7

Vega7 Member

is that link to the codec pack or is it to the media player?

13. bluedvl

bluedvl Member

it's the link for Nimo codec pack. I'm assuming you have window media player, or you could just play your movies in Kazza player, if that's what you use to download. everything should be fine, if not then you probably downloaded a Fake file from somebody who has no life.

14. Vega7

Vega7 Member

Its not my fault okay, Im trying to download this movie for my mom!lol! do you have some sort of messenger that i can talk to you with, not like this thing.

15. Vega7

Vega7 Member

why does it say newbie under our names?

16. Vega7

Vega7 Member

This whole thing is confusing me!

17. bluedvl

bluedvl Member

so vega, have you been able to get it working?

18. bluedvl

bluedvl Member

hey Vega, what are you using to watch movies...Media player or the kazza player...if you are using kazza player and you tried to play the movie and nothing but a black screen shows up (that's before you downloaded the codecs) then you probably downloaded a Bogus movie. always wait a week after the movie been released.

19. Vega7

Vega7 Member

okay thanks I think I got it. Thanks for your help!

20. bluedvl

bluedvl Member

no problem...glad to help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.