1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with TMD Movies

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Crippler, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimyTango

JimyTango Guest

Can someone please help with my problem. I download a TMD movie then on playback I get normal sound, but the video seems to be playing back at twice the speed as normal. I've downloaded every codec and still come up with this problem.

2. 8B4ll

8B4ll Guest

yeah i've done it all and it still doesnt work i downloaded 8miles and this was the file name
    { tmd } 8mile part 1.avi
    What should i do to be able to open that file and watch the movie
    pls help

--GreetZz² 8B@LL THA°1--

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you got 8 mile from kazaa, delete it cause its most likely fake. Check if the length is 1:02:28, its definetly fake if thats the case!

4. rharmon1

rharmon1 Guest

stupid ??? -

as a rook at video conversion, why does a TMD avi file i downloaded have japanese at the bottom? can i remove it during conversion???

thx, all...

5. Dela

No you cant remove it, Id imageine it to be subtitles or a "you dont own this" message in japanese

6. R()b

R()b Guest

I'm struggling a bit when trying to convert TMD movies that are 14fps avi to PAL format on VCD.
    Tried encoding again to both avi & Divx but had no joy. When encoding to 25fps PAL with either Virtualdub or TMPGenc I get fast video with normal sound, so I was wondering if any of you lot had found a way round this.......

7. Aina

Aina Guest

Hi all, i just downloaded the [tmd]Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.(FTF).TS.(1of2).avi[i/] and i download the Nimo Codec pack. I try to play it on Window Media Player, but i still can't see any picture nor sound. Can anyone help me please??? oh if your wondering about the length of the first part of the movie it 1:20:50.

8. Dela

Rob, have you tried frameserving from VirtualDub to TMPGEnc, maybe that would make a difference!

Aine, open the file in VirtualDUB, if its fake it wont recognise it at all, if it isnt, it will give the name or info on the codec you require.

actually try the tmd codec http://www.tmdmoviez.com

just click download.

9. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Hello TMD fanatics. Have not posted to this thread before, but just been reading through it briefly and thought I would stick my oar in. With regards to previewing TMD in Kazza, provided the movie really is from TMD, because there are some fakes out there, it will preview in Kazza, as long as you have installed TMD codec :

http://209.211.250.6/TMD.Codec.zip

This is because they have their own system for recording these movies, briefly they use 13 frames a second (which can be a bit jumpy) and mono sound. The movie should preview, as the theatre in Kazza is in fact Windows Media Player and this will use the TMD codec. All you need to create a VCD from a TMD .avi (although I would not recommend this, as one lossy format to another creates poor results : shit in, shit out!) is this codec and TMPGEnc. Simply go to environmental settings in TMP and select VFAPI plug ins. Make DirectShow priority the highest then click on the movie in the main window. Select your output file name and destination, then select settings. Make sure you choose 1:1 VGA and keep aspect ratio (or something like that) and in Advanced select motion search estimate to highest. Load your output format (PAL or NTSC) with the load button and start. TMP will not take a long time to do this, it will take roughly the length of the movie to encode.

Tips on identifying TMD (Only tips, not guarantees)

First half bigger than second.
    Size of file usually 125 MB to 150 MB
    TMD usually in [ ]
    Quality usually poor. This is because the media is flawed. Just think, the movie is played on a projector and recorded on a camcorder (change in formats twice) then slowed to 13 frames and quality reduced and compressed to allow quick and easy download. Then you take this and make a VCD, another compressed, albeit different format. TMD are great at getting movies before anyone else, but if it is quality you want, wait for DVD Rips (which will always be bigger files than TMD .avi files)

Paul.

10. Dela

Paul, just thought i'd add something. If for any reason your tmd won't preview in kazaa, try making a copy of the .dat download file and opening it in VirtualDUB. Virtual Dub will rebuild the file (which is why you need to make a backup copy to use) and you should be able to play it. DO NOT SEEK as it could take minutes to show the next frame, just press play.

In TMPGEnc, if the aspect ratio is changed to full screen during encoding, making the picture look terrible then next time you are encoding, use the TMPGEnc wizard to create your vcd and after you've entered the input files and clicked next, you should see an option that says "clip frame". Tick the box and a new window opens up. Click arrange settings and drag the movie half way in. Now you can change the aspect ratio easily and see what the output will look like!

11. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

That is a good idea for previewing difficult files. I should think you would need to pause the download before copying the file and rebuilding in VirtualDub? Anyway, could save quite a few hours wasted download.

One other tip. Just because you see you favourite actors mug on the preview for a few seconds, do NOT THINK YOU HAVE GOT THE MOVIE YET. Some of these (admittedly incredibly sad bozos) actually spool together trailers/teasers for the movie. You can imagine there is a lot going on in these peoples minds/lives, but nevertheless they find this hilarious. Wait till you see something that proves to you that you have found the real movie.

Paul.

12. bigproof

bigproof Guest

Hi! I've downloaded with kazaa the "8Mile" movie. It has two parts. The first one has 147 MB and the second has 49,9 MB. When I'm opening it the movie time goes, but the movie has no image, it's all black and no sound. Please help. What can I do? Do I need a codec or is it compressed or what?
    Thanks in advance!

13. Dela

You can try the tmd codec http://www.tmdmoviez.com

just click download

but the most likely thing is that you downloaded yourself a fake movie.

14. freeop

freeop Member

For all those that use Kazaa and get phoney movies and such, I have found a great way to get a Certified Movie and make sure they are the ones you want.

When you install Kazaa or Kazaa lite, there is a program called Sig2Dat. Use this with kazaa and you will be getting any movie you want without having to worry about if it is fake or not.

Just to see what kind of movies are available check out http://www.sharemonkey.com/ or http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/ and you will see what I am talking about.

Just found out about this stuff last week and is working Great...

Hope this helps others...

15. Dela

SHAREMONKEY SUCKS!!!!

All sharemonkey does is index files from kazaa and as for speeding up the download, all they do is look for more sources (umm sounds a bit like kazaa speedup if you ask me!)

My first download off sharemonkey a while back was a fake file!

There are just a cheap little website who are trying to get a lot of money by doing nothing at all!!

16. ButerFlie

ButerFlie Member

I have downloaded a few tmd movies and the tmd codec, and I still get a black screen with no sound. I have been reading all the helpful hints, and have tried everthing posted, but I still cannot access tmd movies. Could they all possibly be fakes.

17. affenee1

affenee1 Member

i have download a few tmd movies and all i get is a black screen with no audio do i need a special program for them to work or a codec?

18. Dela

19. bvc

bvc Guest

I downloaded Catch Me IF You Can and Two Weeks Notice, but they're both probably fake. There's only black video and no audio. The Catch ME If You Can files are
    Catch Me If You Can- part1
    Catch Me If You Can- part2

The Two Weeks Notice Files are:
    [tmd]two.weeks.notice.(ftf).cam.(2of2)
    [tmd]two.weeks.notice.(ftf).cam.(1of2)

Before I started downloading, each file was downloadable from at least 8 places. Why would people keep it if it's fake??? My question is, can these files be fake??? I've downloaded from KaZaA before and this is the first time something like this has happened.

20. Dela

If you have codecs installed then yes they are fake. Don't rely on kazaa for nuthin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.