1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with using the InterVideo winDVD creator

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Arby, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Arby

Arby Member

I have connected my camcorder to my computer using the USB ports, my question is how do I get my video into the windvd creator so that I can edit it and make it a dvd. Please walk me through this because its my first time ever doing this.

2. kapeman

kapeman Member

When you select the capture option the window in the top right should allow you to choose what device to capture from. You can then set the options you want.

3. Arby

Arby Member

ok after I click on that I put in my dvd and I click capture video?

I’m using a mini dv camcorder so can I connect the camcorder and the computer using a USB cable that the camera came with.

4. kapeman

kapeman Member

That should do it.

Did you get the WinDVD software as a bundle with some hardware or did you buy it separately?

I ask because the manual that came with my capture card leaves a lot to be desired. It does give you the basics.

5. Arby

Arby Member

the windvd software came with my windows xp computer.

anyway after I put my empty dvd in and I connect the camcorder and computer using a USB cable then I launch windvd creator and I click on the image of a cd and a pencil on the top right. I then click on capture video. then what do I do? do I just wait?

6. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there !
    you might be waiting a long time for the video via the usb port. the usb only does your still shots.
    you need a firewire connector 4:6 pin for video capture. once you connect camcorder to firewire card,
    WinDVR will recognize your camcorder straight away.
    i've just gone through all this stuff when i bought my
    Pana GS120. no one mentioned anything about the firewire connector. make sure you go into menu and select DVD-Out.
    regards
    jay4

7. kapeman

kapeman Member

Also, there is a BIG difference between the WinDVD player that came with your PC and the WinDVD Creator that came with the Plextor device. The first one just plays dvds the creator actually does capture and authoring.

I may have misunderstood, but you may want to double check.

8. Arby

Arby Member

firewire connector 4:6 pin what does that look like?

9. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there !
    have a look at your camcorder sockets and you will notice a small rectangular slot for firewire connection. it will tell you in the manual that this is for firewire or usb. on the back of your pc you have obviously found the usb port for stills, and the firewire port looks similar, but slightly different in size. do what i did and go to your local electronics/computer store and just ask for the 4 to 6 pin firewire connection for analogue to digital conversion via vhs to camcorder to firewire.(if that is what you are doing). as we speak, i am transferring some vhs tapes thru my Panasonic GS120 camcorder to pc with WinDVR3. they did'nt supply this cable with my purchase, so like you i had to fumble in the dark for awhile.
    regards
    jay4