1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aaronbr, Dec 1, 2003.

1. aaronbr

aaronbr Member

First I would like to say that I have looked all over this site for an answer to my questions but couldn't find a clear answer anywhere, so if this question has been asked before, which it probably has, please bear with me. I want to back up my dvd. I have easy cd and dvd creator 6. Please don't write that nero is better because I don't have it...I need help with easy cd. I decrypted the movie with dvd decrypter and shrunk it using dvd2one. I then burned it using easy cd creator classic because I couldn't find how to use any audio files on easy cd dvd creator. None of it worked! Can I make an iso file of the movie, shrink that and then burn it to disk? CanI even use cd creator classic or does it have to be the dvd creator? And what is this video_ts foder everone talks about? Do I make that folder and then decrypt into it and shrink it or can I decrypt, shrink and then copy paste the files into it? Is it even needed? I'm ging nuts here trying to figure it out. This is my first time trying to back up a dvd, as if you couldn't tell, so any help will be a great releif.

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

You have to make a DVD - Video disc (UDF/ISO)
    Then create two folders in the root of the DVD named VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Put all the files DVD2One creates into VIDEO_TS folder and leave AUDIO_TS empty.

Note that you need to rip ALL DVD files with DVD Decrypter and then use DVD2One.
    I'd also suggest you give a try to CloneDVD with AnyDVD, guide at the link below.

3. koola

koola Guest

I agree with #afonic. You should give CloneDVD and AnyDVD ago as it is easy to use but very powerfull.

CloneDVD allow you to compress DVD9 to DVD-/+R(W) and Output to either DVD files, ISO/UDF Image or burn syraight to the DVD.

Give it ago :D

4. aaronbr

aaronbr Member

I'd like to thank the both of you for the help. I understand the process much better now. I tried the CloneDVD with the AnyDVD and it is much easier than the DVDdecrypter and dvd2one. Unfortunately it still didn't work so I am guessing that it is the DVD media I am using. I have an I/O Magic burner with dvd+rw disc playing in a Sony DVP-S500D player. I first decrypted the movie with DVD decryptor and shrunk it using dvd2one. I put the files into a VIDEO_TS folder and had the blank AUDIO_TS folder and burned them. That didn't work. I then used CloneDVD and AnyDVD to burn the movie, and that didn't work. After further research I found that my DVD player doesn't work with DVD+RW discs and that people have the most luck using DVD-R discs with some good results using DVD+R discs as well. I didn't know that there was a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW discs except that you can erase and write again on the one type. So I will be off to the store to buy some DVD-R discs to try again.I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone has more input or info on this matter please let me know. For example; type of discs compatable with my player(i.e. Philips, Imation, Memorex) or if anyone else has had success with a similar setup. Thank you.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

aaronbr, Go to www.dvdrhelp.com. There is a section there on dvd players and media compatability. It should help you find what you are looking for. Jerry

6. aaronbr

aaronbr Member

Thanks for all your help. I burned a new dvd on a Memorex DVD-R and it worked fine in my player. I used Easy CD and DVD Creator to burn it, so tht works too.