1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some good advice

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ustop, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Picture this. I am in the field of heating and air. What you need to understand is that I'm not a service tech, not to say that that is anymore glamoruous than what I do, but some people think so, but what I do is installation. I install the stuff u need so ur house is warm when its cold and so its cool when its hot. My thing is that I have been doin this for ten plus years now and I am to the point where the physical part of it is startin to catch up with me. Now don't judge me wrong please. I was raised to work hard and except my responsibilty's, but I don't know how much longer I can do this. Thing is I have a family to take care of, even though my wife makes more than I do, don't take that the wrong way, just sayin, not all the load is on me, just feel like its my job to take care of family and I'm not just goin to up and quit my job. Knowin that I can tell u this, I have been messin with computers for about 3 to 4 years now and I spend a good amount of my own time trying to help people close to me fix their pc's when there not runnin right. My wife thinks I have a knack for it. Now, I have seen the work that u guys and girls have done over the past few years and my tech knowledge is primitive compared to you. ? is, if I wanted to start a life in the computer world, where should I start.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

build up on your clientel during your spare time til you figure you can support yourself as that is what i did. get anybody you worked on to spread the word as that really counts. start advertising in local papers or flyers in local stores & post office. put a sign out front of your house if you don't have to pay license fee to your town.