1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help on how to burn a Gamecube iso onto a DVD+RW please

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by jordanllg, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

I am having lots of trouble with burning a Gamecube iso onto a DVD+RW rewritable disc. I am burning the game the Simpsons Road Rage iso. I already have ImgBurn and Iso Recorder. First of all, I used ImgBurn to burn the iso. So I burned that and when it was done, it said it was succesfull! So that was good. Then I took out the DVD+RW from my CD burner drive, and then I put it into my DVD drive. Then I went to My Computer, and my DVD drive is letter D. So I clicked on that and it said that that disc was not formatted. And it also said that the file may be corrupt and not compatable with Windows. I really don't know what is going on here with this. I mean I know that I am using the right discs. And they are DVD+RW discs which are rewritable. These are the only disc that have the ablity to work in my CD burner drive. Do you know if there are any other burning programs that work out there? Like Nero for instance or Alcohol 120? The Iso Recorder doesn't even work. I really think that the big problem is that is has to do with the letters of my drives in my computer. Well my hard drive is letter C, my Dvd drive is letter D and my CD burner drive is letter E. Also in My Computer, I even have a DVD drive that says letter F. And I can't even access that drive at all! So I tried to fix this problem on my own. And I went to the Control Panel, then I went to Performance and Maintence option, then finally to the Disc Management section. Then I configured my drive letters around. But I think the problem is that I can not get to my F drive. I can't figure out why. It would not show up. And also my Dvd disc drive (letter D) says it is corrupt stlll. I bet when I find the F drive, the iso will load the game just fine. So please help me on this issue for me. I would appreciate that a lot from you. I mean I did everything I could to try and fix this problem. But it is no use at all! But I bet you might know on how to fix this for me in no time. Anyway, so please get back to me as soon as possible and let me know how to fix this problem step-by-step. I would appreciate this a lot from you. So thank you very much!

2. dailun

dailun Active member

1. From all accounts I have read, and my own personal experience DVD RW are not suitable for Gamecube (or Wii)

2. Wii and gamecube discs are not readable by the PC operating system.

3. Besides, I thought Gamecube used mini-DV?

4. It has nothing to do with your drive lettering.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

So it has nothing to do with my drive letters? I mean the Gamecube iso does not read the CD+RW disc in my drive. Why not? But how do I burn a ps2 iso image and an Xbox iso image onto a CD+RW disc? Can you help out on this issue instead for me please? I would appreciate that very much from you. Oh well. I guess I can't play the Simpsons Road Rage for Gamecube. Is there a certain way how to put it onto CD+RW disc or not? Because I was just wondering why. And I really don't know why that the disc says it is corrupt for. So instead, can you please help me on how to put a Playstation 2 iso on a CD+RW for me? I would like that from you a lot. Tell me the easy way, step-by-step. Also, tell me how to burn an Xbox iso game too along with that. I believe that I need to get Quix. Did you ever hear of that? This makes the Xbox iso into the correct format or something like that. So I bet I need that to make it work. Anyway, so thank you very much and get back to me as quickly as possible. I will be waiting for my response very soon from you!

4. dailun

dailun Active member

I cannot address PS2 or Xbox issues. I suggest you use the proper forums.

Are you trying to burn a gamecube .iso for use on a gamecube or are you trying to run this on some kind of emulator?

The native format for Gamecube discs is mini DVD, which has a capacity that is greater than a CD so you won't be able to fit most Gamecube .isos onto a CD.

Before I spend anymore time answering questions I need to understand what you are trying to do.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.