1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help on how to burn a Gamecube iso

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by jordanllg, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

Hi there. My name is Jordan Greenberg and I was just wondering on how to burn a CD-R if possible. Because I just burned a Gamecube iso game called the Simpsons Road Rage. And I used ImgBurn to burn the iso image onto my CD-R blank disc. So I located the Simpsons iso file to burn on ImgBurn. And at the end of the recording process, it said it was completed successfully! So that was good. Then after it said it was completed, I went to locate the finished iso file that was already burned. Oh by the way, my CD burner drive is letter E. So I wanted to play the Simpsons Road Rage Gamecube game iso. Right? So then I went to My Computer, then I clicked on my E drive which is my CD burner drive, and the Simpsons Road Rage iso wasn't there! It didn't even appear in my E drive at all. So I ejected the CD-R iso game disc into my regular DVD drive which is now letter D. So I put it in my D drive, then I went to My Computer to search for it. So I then clicked on the D drive, and this notice came up on my screen. And it said "Disc not formatted. Then it said "This file is corrupt and may not be compatable with Windows." I don't know really what to do about this problem. This even happens when I download an Xbox iso on Imgburn and it also says the same notice when I download a Playstation 2 iso file. So please help me. If it said the CD-R disc was not formatted, then it has to do something with that for sure. I bet you know what is wrong with this issue and you can fix it for me in no time! Anyway, so please get back to me as soon as you can. I hope that I hear from you. Here is my email address: edited by ddp. Hope to hear from you soon! So thank you very much.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. neal2324

neal2324 Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Firstly read forum rules,no email addresses allowed & why on earth would you post your name assuming it really is.Why also make a topic & expect to be emailed anyway what's your game ??

next xbox games are DVD DL assuming you can even get an xbox 1 iso that will work,best to mod your xbox & use dvd2xbox

PS2 games are DVD ,well most of the ones i have are so makes me question why make a topic about games that can't be burned since the burning software would tell you that the disc doesn't have enough space or a warning will come up saying insert DVD & lets face it the size of the iso is a dead give away

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

I still really need some help on how to format a CD-R disc. Because when the iso game file has finished burning, it does not work at all! It just doesn't show up in My Computer Dvd drive which is drive letter (D). It is empty and it does not show up. I usally play the game in my D drive which is the normal drive to play games in or watch Dvd movies. This notice comes up on my screen saying "Disc is not formatted." Then it says Windows cannot read from this disc." The file may be corrupt, or may not be compatable with Windows." That is what the notice said on the screen. I really don't know what to do here. So please help me out on this situation. I would really appreciate it a lot from you. I wouldn't think I would use a DVD converter. That would not work for this I don't think. I mean there is got to be a way to format it. But maybe the disc is already formatted, but I don't really know what to do. Some people online said that you don't have to format a CD-R blank disc. They said that you can only format blank CD-RW discs. And also DVD+R and DVD-R blank discs, I believe. But it always has this corrupt notice when I finish burning an Iso file on ImgBurn or Alcohol 120. Alcohol 120 is just like ImgBurn. They almost work the same way. I believe that am doing it just right to burn an iso file, but that notice comes up and says it is corrupt and is not compatable for Windows. But I already have Windows XP! I think that my computer might be a little messed up. Who knows? So anyway, don't forget to get back to me as soon as possible and try to explain to me what is really going on here. So this way, I can finally get to play my burned iso game file, without having that ridiculus notice come up that it can't read from the disc and it's corrupt. This notice happens also when I finish burning Playstation 2 game iso's, Xbox iso's and Gamecube iso's. An iso is a game image from a disc. Oh well, I am not to happy about this situtation that I am in! But anyway, respond back to me as soon as you can. So thank you very much!

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Nothing you have said makes any sense you don't format a cd-r as you just posted it,people have said only rewriteable discs can be formatted as they can be burned again since they are similar to a hard drive of a comp,you haven't even answered the size of the iso & how can you play any video game on a computer when they are console games & the console will need a softmod or hard mod for the game to even work

1-cd-r do not need formatting
    2-what size is the iso if it is above 700mb it will not burn to a cd
    3-game console needs to be modded to play home made copies
    4-using an iso that was downloaded is a waste of time since you have no idea if it's corrupted until burned & attempted to play
    5-ps2 games are mostly 3gb in size tho there are some that are on cd media the size of iso should be under 700mb
    6-xbox games require a dvd+r that is dual layer & then when burned it must be booked type to DVD-R,however xbox 1 games are not all able to be ripped successfully it is best to get an old xbox & mod it so you can use dvdtoxbox to dump the game to the xbox hard drive & play off that,so game disc is no longer used
    7-NO CONSOLE video game can be played on a computer by the computer

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

jordanllg, no email posting as per forum rules, post edited.

7. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

So if the size of the iso is above 700 MB it will not work. Is that right? It will say it is just corrupt. So the file should be below 700 MB? After that, then I can burn it to a CD-R or CD-RW. And I just found out that some of the PS2 games and Xbox games are that some are in CD format and some are DVD. So that explains it. So if it is in a CD format, then I put it on a just a CD-R. And if it is a CD-RW disc, then I put it onto that disc. So I bet my PS2 and Xbox games would work if the size is below 700 MB. By the way, are there any Xbox or PS2 games that are below the size of 700 MB? Becuase I bet there are some. So anyway, get back to me please as soon as possible. So thank you very much!

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If it's a PS2 Game then yep if it's 700mb-730mb then it's cd-r.
    If a PS2 game is above 730mb then you use 4.5GB DVD's,me personlly i use DVD+R media then booktype to DVD-R however it isn't necessary to use DVD+R for PS2 games is my understanding

CD-RW discs are not used unless you want to test a game to see if it works first before burning to cd-r

imgburn can be used to burn the iso of the game to cd or dvd for ALL ps2 games

XBOX-1 games are not CD they are all DVD-R DL however you have to burn them to DVD+R DL media or you may get away with a DVD+R 4GB disc if the data amount will fit, & make sure the burning program booktypes them to DVD-R,othewise they won't work

Can't remember if any xbox games are 730mb or below,i think there are some,however you will need to do a search to see if they can be put on a cd & played my guess is no they won't as ALL xbox games are on DVD.

No just because an xbox game will fit on a dvd doesn't mean it will work,if anything very few will as i've already attempted it by ripping my own games with the kreon drive & of the 5 i made only 1 worked which is WHY i suggest you get the xbox console chipped or softmodded so you can install games direct to the hdd

9. varnull

varnull Guest

xbox1 games are NOT ALL dvd size.. check out a whole heap like morrowind 698MB's.. roller coaster tycoon 188MB's !!! and things like sharks tale, jacked,and a heap more I can't remember offhand without looking in my boxes... they are a lot more common than you would think... there are no d/l xbox 1 games.. it's unreliable and we always ripped to dvd5 size... all that is on the outer layer is the "this is an xbox game" garbage... and maybe a bit of demo video.. what's the point of ripping that?? The drives are set up to read reverse helix on the inner layer.. so a mixed mode d/l disk won't work anyway... the drives won't read the about face helix made by the burner on the inner layer of a d/l disk.

BUT here is the cruncher.. at least 60% of xbox drives will not read a cd-r no matter what you do with it.

A pc can't see an xbox disk.. but you can burn and copy them.. even save the contents back as an iso and rip them apart with extractXiso.. hahahaha.. ps2 disks are easier.. they should have a standard set of files depending on the game. never seen a gamecube.. can't comment.

ps2 cd games are unusual.. most I have seen have been dvd.. but I never liked the ps2 so I haven't done much with them.

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Wondered why the xbox games never read very large when using dvd2xbox yet the kreon shows many well above 4.5gb including farcry & evolution & halo,the only game i could rip & burn to dl disc & actually get to work was torino,pretty much gave up attempting to get all the games working by dl dvd after that & settled for dvd2xbx,looks like i need to try again but use extractiso instead this time round,4gb dvds are much cheaper to waste..lol..

Yeah there's quite a few cd PS2 games,usually raelly crap ones..lol..oddly enough i'm pretty sure i ballz'd a burn up & put one on dvd by mistake & it worked or was it round the other way & it may have been a dvd rip & turned out to be a small image & then burned to cd.

EDIT:Just downloaded extractXiso,looks like i'm going to be doing a crash course in windows command line use & crash being the operative word..lol..good thing there's a readme included

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  11. varnull

varnull Guest

extractXiso gui by hugo.. that's the one you want to rip apart already made iso files.. the original command line is a monster with some bugs.. otherwise ftp and cloneXB is the easiest way :)

12. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

cheers Varnull

13. jordanllg

jordanllg Member

I forgot where to look to see how big the size the game is to burn it onto a disc. Can you locate to find where it says how big the size of the game is? I would appreciate that from you very much. So this way I can know how big it is to put it onto a disc. So I have to remember that game iso's have to be below 700 MB, or else they will not fit on the disc and will also say it is corrupt. So now I know tht. So anyway, please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you very much!

14. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Your burning program must be pretty useless if it doesn't tell you the data won't fit or have a bar that says how large the file is,in any case hovering over the iso should tell you if not right clik & hit properties,i don't use imgburn even tho it's installed, would'a thought that would say data to large to fit

15. varnull

varnull Guest

Yes it will.. so we are dealing with the inbuilt xp data to disk rubbish then? .. forget it.. I have had enough with this.. burning an iso isn't exactly rocket science.

16. bilscrobe

bilscrobe Regular member

ok burning image files...easy, use image burn at slow speeds. i dont know much about xbox. but ps2 games burn well with the program, and so do gamecube and wii games. one of the problems you might be running into with the game cube, is that not all dvd drives can read the discs, and if thats the case, than it wouldn't show up on your computers drive list after you burned it. also, i've noticed you never mentioned playing these games with an emulator on your pc. you can't just simply copy a disc, and assume that your computer will play it. you need software for that