1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help with deleting a trojan file

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by everwheel, Dec 21, 2005.

1. everwheel

everwheel Guest

Hey guys.....I need some help getting rid of this file... trojan.zlob

My Norton Antivirus keeps picking it up and won't remove it and only quarintines it. I don't know how I got this file. It must be from something I downloaded.

heres the location
    C:\windows\system32\hpA4CB.tmp

Please help

2. everwheel

everwheel Guest

anyone????????

3. BadB420

BadB420 Guest

I know on my computer I had to turn of the system restore points and then run a virus scan. I would do it a few times to be safe, once normal and once with your computer in safe mode. I usually run ad-aware and spybot too while I have them turned off. Then it should delete everything bad, then just restart your computer and turn the system restore points back on and make a new one with everything all good. I hope that works for you because it worked for me.
    Peace,
    B

4. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

This is so called "smithfraud/spyaxe", which has its own fix.

I highly recommend to do this:

Download smitRem.exe -> http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click counter/click.php?id=1 and save the file to your desktop. Double click it to extract the contents to a
    folder of it’s own.

Restart your computer in safe mode(Tap F8 while booting. Select safe mode from appearing menu), open the smitRem folder and double click
    the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen and allow disk cleanup to complete.

Reboot and send contents of C:\smitfiles.txt-file.

5. everwheel

everwheel Guest

thanks for all your help