1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I NEED SOME HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by knatedawg, Mar 1, 2005.

1. knatedawg

knatedawg Member

hey guy im completely new at this but i have dowloaded quite a few movies on my computer most of them are .mpg or .avi extenstions but i would like to burn on some disc and make them DVDs so the other day i picked up some DVD-Rs and i have been trying to get the movies to burn on the disc but my computer want recognize the disc nor will and the one program that i believe was going to let me burn it said that my files where not the right extenstions that i needed something like .BUP if this is tru does anybody know where i can dowload them kind of movies with that kind of extenstion on them PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!! THANK YOU

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

alot of people apply a FIRMWARE upgrade for there drives to get compatibility on media!

or try different media / discs...

mainconcept / dvd santa / tmpgenc PLUS / cucusoft avi convertor

theres a couple of apps!

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi knatedawg welcome to AD.. It's very hard for a complete newbie to understand the language of burning, for instance media .ie. DVD discs'... now these come in a wide range of makes and standards, and suppliers.

It's vital that the ones you start with! [in particular]
    Are of high quality, and from a genuine supplier.

My advise is go, and buy a small pack of DVD-RWs'

That way you can practise on them over. and over again.

That'll get you burning whithout costing a fortune in discs' and give you more time to learn about media.

Look around the site for guides by ScubaPete and bbmayo they may show up on this thread?

In a week or two you'll be burning away like crazy 'til then have fun learning.

regards gringle.

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest