1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need to be guided

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sherry101, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Sherry101

Sherry101 Guest

i can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere, so hopefully you guys can help.

i used smartripper, then dvd2avi which turned my movie into d2v, i proceeded to tmpgenc and encoded it...now when i tested it on mediaplayer it worked fine until i put it in full screen...when i put it in full screen the audio was out of sync and the picture was a bit jumpy..how do i fix this problem? it is fine when it is in a small window, (i didn't notice this until after i burned it onto a cd) and when i open my cd the audio is also out of sync.

how do i fix this? why, when in full screen, does it get messed up?

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Are you making a DVD, VCD, or SVCD?
    What kind of system are you running?

If the sync et al is fine when viewing the video in a small window, then the file must be OK and the problem must be one of system resources. When you make it full-screen, the system probably can't handle the video rendering and audio decompression.

3. Sherry101

Sherry101 Guest

hey, thanks, i restarted my computer and it was fine.....horaay!!

there is one thing that is bothering me though. i played it on media player and powerdvd and it was fine, but when i tried another computer dvd program it wouldn't open up....does this mean i wont be able to play it on a vcd compatible dvd player?? what did i do wrong? should i have made it into a svcd rather than a vcd?

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

If you made a completely standard VCD, and it works with PowerDVD, it should play fine on a VCD-compatable standalone (most are).

You didn't mention what other DVD program you tried it on, but perhaps if you head over to the VCD forum on this site you can find some more info on what programs other have had success/problems with.

Good luck...

5. Sherry101

Sherry101 Guest

the dvd player i played it on was the dvd player that came with my sony vaio..

before i start burning it, nero always tells me that it is not standard compliant...what does that mean?

6. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hey Sherry101,
    I think that its time for you to hea dover to the VCD forum:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/40

However, FYI, the files you are using are obviously not meeting the VCD standard that must be strictly adhered to if you want the disc to play in a standalone. Here is an overview of the VCD standard:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/vcd

There are links to VCD creation guides at the bottom of the page.

7. Sherry101

Sherry101 Guest

i know, i know, i should leave this forum, but you answer so quickly that i hate to leave! :)

i think the problem is that tempgenc encodes my movies to mpg. is there a difference b/w mpg and mpeg? if this is the problem, how do i fix it? i used one of the guides here to burn...would you recommend another?

8. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

I guess I'll just have to stop being helpful!

Whether you have MPG or MPEG shouldn't make any difference. And as for standards, if you use the VCD template in TMPGEnc, there should be no problems (you are using the template, right?).

I have never looked at Afterdawn's VCD guides, but I am sure they are good. When I was learning how to make VCDs, I used the guides at www.dvdrhelp.com (back then it was www.vcdhelp.com). I wish I had known about Afterdawn at the time to get help!