1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to get good image from my receiver to my FUll HD sony

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by watson20, Feb 23, 2010.

1. watson20

watson20 Member

Hi all ,

i have the sony Bravia 32" , and i have a satellite receiver , and i want to get the best picture on the LCD , now i have this on my satellite receiver :

VGA (fmale)
    s-video
    composite

and i have this on my LCD :

HDMI
    component
    VGA
    composite
    s-video

i'm conecting on composite now , but the picture is not that good from close distance , so what i have i think is VGA , while this give me a good and better picture than my composite ??

or i need to coneccet using component , idon't have component in my satellite recevier but ther is a VGA-to-Component caple i saw on the internet , while one of them will be good and give me good picture than the composite.

wor is there any other thing that i can do to get better image on the LCD TV?
    thanks in advanced

2. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Are you using a PC in this Arrangement ?

3. watson20

watson20 Member

No , i just want to connect the satellite receiver to the sony bravia only , no pc in between , the satellite recevier have a VGA output , and the sony bravia have the same one on the back too , so i'm asking if i connected the both of them using a vga-to-vga cable , is the screen will be good and i will have a Better image rather than the composite cable that is giving me a bad signal atm.

for the pc i can connected using the HDMI as i have an hdmi converter (dvi-ot-HDMI ) that came with my gfx card HD4850

4. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

I think if you go the VGA route, the pic might be better, but to be honest either way your not making the tv work to the best it can be,

Before doing anything try changing the settings on the TV to See if you can improve the picture usually Refresh rates, or even display size would effect quality,

Failing that try the HDTV forum As really this one may not give you the answers you need
    (its for PC Home theatre)

5. watson20

watson20 Member

there is no chance to get to the full HD image at the moment , because of my receiver , the image on the composite is good with some channels but it's get bad with others so i thought what i can do to get better Q , i know it's not the FULL HD , but somthing better than what i have now at least , iplayed a lot with the picture setting and other stuff and i manged to get or we can say i know now how to get a good coloures on the screen , any way , i just searched google to get to some where and i saw here some topics about cables and laptop , i hope if some moderators can put this thread into the HDTV forum rather than i go and open new topic again