1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need to know what kind of harddrive to get

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by l7producs, Aug 11, 2004.

1. l7producs

l7producs Member

my xbox is modded with an aladin advance mod chip and i need to know what is the best and cheapest hard drive i can get to put games on my xbox

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

As long as the HDD is IDE type and supports "locking" feature, you should be fine. I use a 250GB Western Digital, very good brand if you ask me. As for pricing, you're gonna have to do some research on www.pricewatch.com or www.newegg.com

3. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

Its really "personal" choice as which drive you get one man will say he loves the maxtor but the next man may have had nothing but trouble with them.

I personally do really like the maxtor hdd (I have had a few fail on me) BUT use three 300gig maxlineII's to store all my stuff on and i have to admit that threse three larger hdd's have not failed on me yet so i cannot really say much against them.

And like "Achilles3" has posted already do your research and buy what you think will provide you with the best solution to suit your chosen requirements

Regards