1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to replace ImageMIxer for home movies to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by hodocka, Dec 30, 2011.

1. hodocka

hodocka Member

I have a Sony DVD-100 with ImagerMixer to download to the PC and for editing and burning to DVD. I have has always been able to produce excellent quailty DVDs from my home recordings. The disadvantage of Imager was that your limited to something less than 2gb DVDs. Problems started when I got new PC with Windows 7. Imagermixer won't work right with Windows 7. I have been taking the finalized mimi dvd to the pc and coping and pasting the vob files to the PC. I had hoped to use DVDShrink to create an image but no way to add menu, etc. When I try to browse in DVDShrink, the only option is destop and I get error message. Windows MovieMaker won't open VOB files. I've tried still using Imagemixer on my old slow PC XP just to download and then taking the MPEG files to Moviemaker where I can add menues and create DVD but the quality of the video is not near as good as I'm used to. I've tried Nero and again, not near as good video as I've always had using only Imagemixer. What can I do to get good quality dvd's for the TV from my finalized mini dvd's from the camcorder? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

what about dvdstyler

3. hodocka

hodocka Member

Can it be used to open VOB files? I didn't see that in the description.