1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need urgent help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nz_pimp, Jul 27, 2005.

1. nz_pimp

nz_pimp Guest

well my v1.6 xbox has just been modded with a xecuter 2.6(by me of corse :D) i dun the rebuild and all that but now my xbox duz the on off three tymes thing and then flashes red and green.i took my chip out and aall the wires to retry incase i dun my d0 or sumin rong not suprisd it duz the same thing as wen the chip was in i left the header pin in and alternative 5v and hdd and lan led can sum1 plzz help me out here ive chekd my solder joints everythin but nothins hapnin :(:( pm if u want my msn

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, when your Xbox is doing the 3x reboot that means that you have installed your chip incorrectly.

Double check that all of your points are soldered to the correct points. Make sure you have no bridges anywhere from one point to another. Check for solder splashes around where you soldered. Make sure everthing is making a good connection, and is soldered nicely. Put some more solder on each point to assure no cold solder points.

The D0 is very important, so make sure you are have a clean connection.

Also, make sure all wires are not shorting somewhere, and tape the connections at the bottom of the board just to make sure.

Are you using wires to rebuild your LAD points or the rebuild board?

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

DP

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sorry about the DP above!

5. nz_pimp

nz_pimp Guest

im using wires i went to solder the blu wire 4 tyhe rebuild and the ttrak was damaged bcause i couldnt get at it would i be able to solder the blu wire to the other end of that point??

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, if you lifted that pad then you will have to solder to the other LAD3 point. It is located on the top of the board, and is much more difficult to solder to. If you mess this point up, your screwed, so make sure you take your time.

Now, follow this tutorial:

1) Here is where the LAD 3 can be found on the top of your board.

[​IMG]

2) These top points have a protective coating around them, so get a small knife and [bold]GENTLY[/bold] scratch around the point on the metal coating to remove this. If you scratch it to hard, you may lift the pad so [bold]BE CAREFUL[/bold] Now put some solder on that point and make sure it sticks to the point. If it does not stick, try scratching it a little more w/ your knife and try again.

3) Put some solder on the end of your wire you are going to solder to the LAD point; not to much now. Put the tip of the wire w/ the solder on it down on top of the LAD point and touch them together. Touch the point w/ the solder gun and they should bond together.

[bold]Note:[/bold] Make sure you are using a 15 watt soldering iron, otherwise you have a higher chance of lifting that pad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  7. nz_pimp

nz_pimp Guest

is this a v1.6 bord?

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

9. nz_pimp

nz_pimp Guest

ok thanx bud wll try now

10. nz_pimp

nz_pimp Guest

ok i tried it and guess wot:O same thing:( it first did fragging but on the last boot it switched off and didnt flash so i puld the chip of the pin headeer put it bak on and now it frags again im jst going round in circles i c alot of ppl have this problem i just wish sum1 finds the solution and helps us all out

11. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

i had that problem the first time i loaded my xenium. I know it doesn't help, but i took it out and i resoldered all the points and it worked fine. Be very careful that no wires are touching each other and that the board is clean.

12. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

i had this problem on my x3 chip and on a 1.1 xbox any help? the bios that cam will boot but not my new one

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

kinosoo, make sure that your D0 wire is installed 100% correctly. The reason why many people have problems booting in to the flashbios is because the D0 is either not installed to the correct point, or it is shorting out somewhere (i.e. touching another trace/pad).

And just to be sure, make sure your pinheader is installed 100% correctly and that you are getting your two blue lights on the modchip to light up (3v and 5v)

14. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

so boath lights are on and my do looks fine my pin header looks good the chip runs in the defult and can boot in backup anything?

15. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

is there a way to test my pin header to make shure i did it right?

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, I'm a little confused. What screen is coming up when you boot up your Xbox? The original one.?.

Did you switch over the top two switches on the external X3 switch? What color shows up on the external switch when you tap the power button? It should be blue...

Also, if you press the eject and power button at the same time, do you get a purple light on the external switch?

17. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

when i press power it turns on then off on, off, on but nothing comes on the tv and the eject button flashes green and red when i press power and eject it boots to the origanal screen from which i flashed from. press and hold it boot as normal

the switch is blue the first time, purpal the second and red the third the hdd ligh comes on and once the lan did to but does not after i touched up the pin header

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Oh so you already flashed the chip then? What bios did you flash it with?

19. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

x3_3029

20. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

if i did my DO incorectley is there another point i could use

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005