1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need urgent help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nz_pimp, Jul 27, 2005.

1. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Try reflashing it w/ the newest X3 bios, X3 3294 How are your switches setup on the X3 external switch?

2. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

on
    on
    off
    off
    off

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, go into the flashbios again and flash it w/ the newest bios and report back.

4. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

so i flashed it with 3194 and stil nothing (when i downloaded the bios it was a .rar file but i changed it to .bin)

5. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

this might help and my chips is the new white one
    iv posted a pic

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  6. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

7. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

oh and the DO conect looks fine as it it's only touchinh the one point

[​IMG]

8. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

if i were to use the DO spot as shoen in the Xecuter 2.3B Lite Plus Install would that make a differance? an its a 1.1 bord i think

i got my box refurbished and when i opened it the pin header was in it now that i look there is sonthing like a wire thst was broken off sticking out of the DO spot as indicated for the Xecuter 2.3B Lite Plus is this the cause of my problem

http://www.teamxecuter.com/x23b_liteplus_method.htm?CMSSESSID=0869a3d373460c77e2075f7b023afb3b

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Take that wire out of the D0 and try it. The D0 point you soldered to should work fine, you could however shorten up the tip of the wire that is soldered to the d0. I always put tape under the d0 so that if the wire gets bent down it will lay on the tape and not the motherboard. Make sure to put tape over the d0 point as well to assure not shorts. I think that your problem lies w/in the d0 as that is the wire that will allow you to boot w/ the modchip enabled.

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

That does look like a bit of dodgy soldering..Looks like a short to me...Personally I would now check the continuity of the trace as well as I have seen them burnt off (note dark area around solder) Also check thet the IDE cable isn't pushing down on the chip when the drive is in..It looks like a 1.1 board. ( my memory must be going..PimpDawg, is that the right d0..I know it's 3 down but I don't remember the trace being that long when I had to replace one??Is he on the right pad??)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yup, he's connected to the correct D0. I agree that the solder job does not look to pretty, especially on the pin header. If the pin header was in there already when you got it, I would go over the points again and put a little extra solder on each one to assure there are no cold solder points.

Also, look for solder splashes around the d0 and around the pin header. Just run your finger around those spots lightly.

12. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

cool thakes i'll try that

13. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

"personally I would now check the continuity of the trace" how do i do this? i have a multi meeter

oh and take a look at the bottom of the pic i posted on the bottom of the xbox rigt under the c7r3 marking there are three "nodes" connected by sodder i cleaned this up and im still not working should i have?

and im still not working even after trying that other DO point

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I have no idea why those pads were soldered together. They are not suppose to be unless it was done to fix something (which I don't have a clue at what that would fix?) But after you desoldered them you are still getting errors? And the top D0 did not work either then. You are just having some bad luck w/ this!

Where did you get this Xbox from?

Well, I'm just gonna throw this out there but maybe the chip is bad? It can happen, even though the chances are very very slim.

I would test the LPC points first to make sure you are getting good voltage to them. Here's a tutorial on how to test your voltages w/ a multimeter:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/lpc-diag.php

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  15. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

i got the xbox from eb games and the chip from mod chips canada

16. kinosoo

kinosoo Member

so it all checked and I’m getting a circuit from everything as the tutorial said, I even grounded it to the metal box and tested it getting solid connections ever where except for the led's but I’m sure on there connections, anyhow I’m sending the chip back to see what happens next. Man if I knew it was going to be this hard I would have just paid the fifty bucks to get it done for me. Thanks for all your help guys after I gat back from my trip my hopefully new chip will be here and I’ll post what happed.

Thanks again