1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O error with DVD Decrypter - help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by muttman, Dec 30, 2004.

1. muttman

muttman Member

Hi all, I'm a newbie here, but have been using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink for a while now. I've managed to back up a large proportion of my DVD's (at lease 30 done already) and have never had any problems - until now that is.

I'm trying to back up Pirates of the Caribbean (r2), but keep getting the following message while DVD Decrypter is decrypting the disc:

----------------

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0]_NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A 2.54 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 0C EF C0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 847808

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 0C EF C0 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

----------------

Having looked around, the consensus for this error seems to be that the disc is most probably damaged/dirty. However, this is highly unlikely in this case, as not only is the disc immaculate, but it plays perfectly on my home DVD players, as well as on the DVD drive that DVD Decrypt is reading from.

Basically, has anyone else had a similar problem with Decrypter, and is there any established explanation for why this is happening?

2. tarmac

tarmac Member

I just received the same error! I was just trying to backup using DVD Decryptor, and I got to 92% ripped to the hard drive.

I/O error!
    Device: (3:1:0)AOPEN DUW1608/ARR A060 (F:)(ATA)
    ScsiStatus: 0:02
    CDB: 28 00 00 34 7B D0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 3439568
    Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 34 7B D0 0E 00 00 00 00 15 82 00 00 00 00 03 00
    Interpretation: Unknown (Positioning Error) (0x15, 0x82)

I am using a AOPEN DVD burner 16X dual layer.

I read that if you ASPI is not correct, DVD Decryptor will not work properly. Do you know if this could be reason for this error?

3. rahxephan

rahxephan Member

I am getting the same error as well. It rips through 98% and then gives me the error.

Can anyone address this issue?

I also noticed as I am ripping, my buffer is exhausted and only goes up 1-2% before it goes back to zero. Also my read time varies from 1.4x to 2.5x or something to that regards?

Can anyone give me insights to my wrong doings?

thanks

-nghia

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are you using the newest version of decrypter 3.5.2? Have you tried ripping with DVDShrink? Or try the beta version of AnyDVD in conjunction with either Shrink or Decrypter. If you can rip with Shrink, the problem is most likely with your copy of Decrypter.

5. rahxephan

rahxephan Member

I attempted to rip using nero 6 , dvd decryptor, and alcohol 120%. All give me a error. I tried the previous copy of decryptor as well as the lastest version when it didn't work.

I didn't know shrink had ripper. I will try that and update if I have any problems.

Im also using a lite-on dvd writer.

Thanks

6. hursty

hursty Active member

you cannot rip copyright movies with nero
    with regards hursty

7. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Even a brand new prefect disc can have read errors. They do not have to be prefect to be used in a stand alone, do have to be to copy.

.. Try these settings for DVD Decrypter.
    First, it should be version 3.5.1.0 or later.

Open Decrypter, click on Tools,then Settings

Click on Defaults, then select these;

General tab
    Options - Removal Method - Aggressive

File Mode tab
    Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)

ISO Read Mode tab
    Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)

CSS tab
    CSS Cracking Method - Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange

On Failure - Yes

IMPORTANT:
    I/O tab
    Options - Ignore read errors.

This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

Source: ScubaPete

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Scuba is indeed a saviour!

9. burn_it

burn_it Member

was anybody able to solve the I/O error ...i am also getting the same ..all the dvds are new settings are as per scuba pete's instructions but still the same error .. thanks in advance for the help guys ..

10. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

burnit:Is this happening with all DVDs or just one?

11. burn_it

burn_it Member

hi laddyboy .. thanks so much for taking sometime and replying back to me .. really appreciate that .. ok here is my problem list .. I/O error is coming up with some of the disks and not all of them and i am not sure why ??

i am getting cyclic redundancy error on almost evry disk .. i am using dvd shrink 3.2 , dvd decryptor 3.5.2 and i have tried dvd clone as well .. this is what i do : first i insert the movie and try to read it via dvd shrink so i say open disc and it starts loading it .. once it gets loaded i run analysis ..once that is done i say create ISO image and burn with dvd decryptor ... dvd shrink creates the ISO image and when decryptor tries to write it it says data error in the process ... and i end up with a half written bad disk ... sometimes when dvd shrink gives me the problem in creating the ISO file i do it with dvd decryptor as Pete has suggested in one of his forum .. i get the ISO file from decryptor and then i go back to shrink as i cannot burn with decryptor becoz of the size issue (4.7 gb) .. now my question is that if u open an ISO image with dvd shrink software it truly does not do anything it simply loads it first while analysing it and then shows me the option to burn it with nero or decryptor .. nero does not work for me so i try to do it with decryptor ..the weird thing is that shrink creates its own ISO file .. a new one and then it uses that one for sending it to decryptor .. so there is no point in creating one from decryptor coz shrink anyway will create it again .. and i looked at all the options in shrink but it does not just say " burn " .. first option it says create iso and the second option is create iso and burn with decryptor ... so there is no point in creating the ISO image with decryptor ... am i missing something here laddyboy ??

for cyclic redundancy check i have tried all the options suggested by scuba pete like changing the settings and evrything but its same ... its like one dvd out of 4 goes fine and rest three end up giving me coasters ... not really sure what to do?

tell me one thing once the dvd has been read and i have an ISO file ... what could be the issue after that .. could the ISO file itself be bad .. becoz i normally get errors when i have my ISO image already created either with shrink or with decryptor ... i am using Khypermedia dvds , and IO magic burner 16X ... i keep like real low speed while burning .. it normally gets burnt at 1.2X ..and i am ok with it but still errors ... i am trying to burn Friends disk and i am getting cyclic redundancy error on both of them though i have created ISO image for both of them ... what other softwares are good to create DVDs from ISO image except DVD clone as that dint work too .... again thanks for ur time laddyboy ..... glad that somebody is there to help .... let me know if u need any other info...

12. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

if your getting errors trying to burn an iso then it is either media (khyper is not a recommended brand so should be first suspect), burning program (uninstall and reinstall latest version), dvd drive (make sure its in dma mode and latest firmware). Dont multitask, keep plenty of free space on hard drive

13. macey

macey Guest

i have the exact same problem as muttman, i took iroettger's advise and changed all the settings he listed. i then tried to decrypt the dvd.it was fine untill 30% then just frose at that percentage while counting the elapsed time.

14. hursty

hursty Active member

the only reason you rip it with decrypter first,is because shrink has had a problem,you decrypt with decrypter first, which will remove copyright,then you have to run it through shrink to compress it,the iso file you run through shrink(the one you create with decrypter)is not the same as the one you would have created using shrink first time around.the data has already been ripped.if thats makes any sense you are a cleverer man than i will be ever be!!!lol
    with regards hursty

15. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

burn_it: Here's what I would do.

1. Uninstall Shrink, Decrypter, and Nero.
    2. Reinstall newest Shrink, Decrypter, and Nero.
    3. Update your DVD burner/reader to latest firmware.

If you have problems with read errors (cyclical redundancy) after doing this, it could be from any of the usual culprits.
    a. dirty/scratched disk (clean and wipe).
    b. sector protected disk (try beta version of AnyDVD).
    c. bad burner firmware (update to newest firmware).
    d. bad cabling (unplug and plug back in).
    e. other bad firmware/hardware on the the same channel (IDE, USB, FW)
    e. bad burning media (try alternative media. use erasable RW media until you solve the problem)
    f. bad DVD reader.

Some of the newer disks are using protected sector anti piracy schemes that will cause the redundancy error. Try the beta version of AnyDVD.

Are you using your burner to rip the disks as well? Some burners are not good readers.

Who's the OEM for your IO Magic burner? Lite-On, NEC, BenQ, AOpen, Asus?

16. darkdayz

darkdayz Member

after i write a cd with dvd decryptor and it completes 100% i get the finished sucessfully click OK box. but after i click OK this error pops up..

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-206D 1.07 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

CDB: 25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Read Capacity

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 57 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unable to Recover TOC

my dvd writer is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-206D 1.07
    the media i am using are Memorex DVD+R 8x 4.7gb 120min

i have never had any problems with dvd decryptor in the past. my dvd writer has always worked fine and works with cd-r's at the moment. i started getting these errors around the same time i started using this media but im not exactly sure if thats the problem. if anyone has information on this your help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

17. hursty

hursty Active member

firstly is your pioneer compatible with dvd+r??
    you can check with alcohol cd/dvd manager if you have it,or nero toolkit can also tell you.
    secondly memorex is a poor quality media.

18. darkdayz

darkdayz Member

i have used nothing but dvd+r media with my pioneer since i purchased it. it has always worked fine. im guessing thats it's the Memorex but i don't understand why the burn completes and i don't get the error until i click OK.

19. hursty

hursty Active member

sorry,mis-read you post,
    it must be a media issue then,you only have to flick through the forum to find if anyone has got a good word to say about memorex,you'll have a job to find one.
    with kind regards hursty