1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i/o magic

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by marin001, Sep 21, 2004.

1. marin001

marin001 Member

has anyone got a opinion on dvd-/+rw i/o magic, just purchased not too long ago. will this brand cut the mustard, or should i use this drive just for that...?

2. neco69

neco69 Guest

Let me tell you, this drive is not that good. I have the 4x and I have been getting bad burns or it could be the media. I will try the NEC or Lite-On I hear that these are pretty good for the money.. Is there a good burner for good price out there that anyone can recommend?. Other than these two.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
  3. marin001

marin001 Member

i have been using ritek g04 for burning and got less coasters than using tdk, but now its getting to a point where i am getting a few more and thought maybe it is the drive so thats why i am asking

4. neco69

neco69 Guest

I have read in other post that Ritek G04 have been going down in quality and I think that trying other brand name media would be a good idea. Today I am getting the Prodisc media to test. If they don't work I have already ordered a new drive from newegg - NEC 2510A - I heard that is was a good drive and very good burn quality. You can alslo go to www.cdfreaks.com to see there reviews...on the other hand I think that this drive I/O magic/BTC has a short life span.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
  5. marin001

marin001 Member

i have heard the same thing too. but i got it as a birthday present so i can't just put it to the side.... but i am going to try another media as i was reading here that ritek is going down on quality, but someone here said that he got his at sam's club but branded ridata, and like you said prodisc is also supposed to be good. looks like i will trying out ridata next, as i like my i/o magic. music comes out great just the little bugs in the movies which usually happen towards the end only. good luck with NEC 2510A

6. neco69

neco69 Guest

Thank,.. by the way there is one more thing. If the Burn completes successfully then the burner is ok, but if you get disk errors or freeze ups then 99% is the Media. I think you should stay away from the Ritek Ridata DVD-R 4X for a while. Try other brand - Verbatim, Prodisc and any other of your choice. Remember that not all drives are compatible with every media some are more demanding than others but, one thing is for sure that the Verbatims are most compatible with I would 99% if not all drives...I could be wrong but this my opinion and expieriance with the I/O magic drive...

7. marin001

marin001 Member

will try the verbatim's then.....