1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ordered my modchip, whats next?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jdilla, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i order the xecuter2.3B lite + from system-mods.com. i dont know if this was a mistake but, i trusted them, and hopefully i get my chip soon.anyways, now that i got that out of the way, other than worrying on when will the chip come, what else comes next after i get the chip?, i heard i had to flash the bios or something like that, what exactly is that, and how do i do that

2. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

ok so after you install the mod chip you have to :

1. Flash the modchip bios. This is done by making a bios cd-rw or dvd. To do this go to the link and follow the steps. (You need to find a working bios someware, thats the illegal part so i can not tell ya. But the name of a good bios is "Evox M7" try to find that on the net.)

http://www.teamxecuter.com/cromwell.htm

2. You then need to install evox or some sort of dashboard. An easy way to do this is to download the Slayers Auto Install Disk v2.5 . Then burn that to another dvd or cd-rw and your xbox with it's new bios should be able to read the Slayer disk you created. Search these fourm/google to find a location of the file.

3. Once you install slayers your pretty much done, unless you want to do some other mods.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you can get it, gt a hold of littlejonnys or team xaviers (a bit old but still great) auto installer, they rock

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ok, like i said, im getting the xecuter2.3Blite+, and so far i found the bios for it. its called x2.4983BIOS, i heard its the latest bios for the chip that im intrested. how do i burn this BIOS.BIN file? in my signature you can see the burning programs that i have, tell me wich one should work. ive also got the dashboard called evox3935, ive also heard its the latest one, now this is where im stuck, i dont know if this should be burned on cd-r/cd-rw/dvd+r/dvd+rw, my burner doesnt support dvd-r/dvd-rw. ok this is what came in my evox3935 package. a folder with "trainers". another folder called "skins", and another one called "bios" than i have a "trainers source.zip" file, followed by readme.txt...than original-readme.txt, evoxdash.xbe...the infamous "evox.ini" and the last file is -evolutionx build 3935.nfo..... is this the order that the "evoluitonx" disc should be burned? again, what media should i use cd-r/cd-rw/dvd+r/dvd+rw? thanks for the help guys.

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

today, i purchased the cat5e "crossover" cable, i made sure the ends were different colors like that i can be sure i bought the right one, i also purchased both torx 10, and torx 20 screw drivers all i need is my chip now, and figure out how to burn the evox3935 boot cd, and the BIOS.BIN cd

6. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

follow these instructions to make the bis disc and go to http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/ fo info on evox
    ======================
    How to use FlashBIOS
    ======================

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD

- Get the bios you need from EFNET #xbins (we recommend X2 4981.06). Make it 512k with X2 Bios Manager naming the file BIOS.BIN (case sensitive)

- Select a CDRW or DVDR media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
    (Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)

- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD using NERO - (select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,
    Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)

- You should add a dummy file to the CD (anything between 100MB and 500MB will do) to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX.

Step 2 - Flashing with FlashBIOS (Cromwell)

- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray.

- When the flashing procedure is complete the Xbox will shut down.

- If your modchip is write protected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen (It will say Unknown Flash! Halting)

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

will nero express work? or record now max?? damn, i bought these screwdrivers from sears, so they are craftsman, they both say t-10, and t-20 on the screwdriver, but i came home and tried to open my "halo" xbox, and both screwdrivers were way, way too small. and i definetly made sure that they both said torx-10, and torx-20 on them

8. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yes nero express will work as for the xbox of yours i'm not sure i neva opened a halo thats y i bought a screwdriver set from sears for 20 bucks it brought a crapload of torx bits and philips etc it had more than 30 bits.

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

damn, thats what i shouldve done daskins, sears should take them back,*i hope. i still got the receipt, i feel like taking the xbox to sears, and see wich torx will actually fit.daskins, do you use america online instat messenger? or msn messenger? if so, hook me up with your screename, if you dont mind, pm me with it. peace

10. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i don't like giving out my instant messenger screenname but i can hook u up with my e-mail if u would like i will Pm it to u later if u want

PEACE

11. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

I got my modchip from system-mods.com as well, and it came pretty quickly. You shouldn't have to worry too much, if it hasn't arrived yet.

12. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Snoosy, what chip you got, and i feel alot better aftere what you said about system-mods

13. scottas

scottas Guest

I've also purchased from them. Never a problem and good service. They have a live chat for tech support, but you usually can get answers.

14. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

incidently system mods also have a very good xb bios manager tutorial on their site
    got my chip from them too
    first rate site

15. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yea i also used their xb bios manager to make my BIOS.BIN disc very easy

16. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i got the chip today, installation was smooth, i flashed my bios i burned the disc with sonic record now max v6.50, now i still got the microsoft dashboard. i got the evox3935.rar, how can i burn and what do i need to burn to the evox disc. what programs should i use? and is it true that i need to make this an iso?

17. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

today i received my xecuter 2.3b LITE+ chip i succesfully installed it, and flashed the bios. now im with the same old MS dashboard. i got a evox 3935.rar folder in my desktop. that contains the evox.ini file along with . trainers, skin, bios, trainers source.zip, readme txt origingal read me txt, evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini and evolutionxbuild3935.nfo. now how can i make this into a bootable cd-r, my samsung drives picks up cdr. thanks for the help, im stuck..

18. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i pmed you well anyway go to www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/

19. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i followed seamonkeys guide daskins but still no evox3935 boot cd. i even added a dummy file, but still no go. im burning with cd-r, the bios boot disc was also made on cdr and worked.

20. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

well then try it on cd-rw and see if it will work. i have a samsung and i too can use cd-r but i always use cdrw's for bios cd's and boot discs use the memores4x cdrw's