1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I phone ireb 4.0 4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by Mickoz74, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

ok had my brothers i phone from usa on at & t its locked as he cancelled contract im in uk when i switch on it goes to a screen and im locked out, i tried recovery mode, i tunes says im in recovery mode. I have a black screen white usb symbol and an itunes symbol. I ran Ireb 4.0 and 4.1 get the symbol and awaiting custom firmware go through the process and it says saving an IPSW file to desktop never does and goes around in circles.

Please help.

my brother upgraded to the new I phone i don't know the firmware as never been able to get into it , it's been in his draw for ages he's not got a clue about firmware and stuff I-phone 3g 16GB I tunes says phone is up to date Capacity and software version N/A though.

many thanks

sorry also using sn0wbreeze v2.0.2.exe

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

I think the part you're having trouble with as restoring with the custom IPSW, correct? o.0

To restore to the custom IPSW, after running iREB, when you have the message awaiting custom firmware, you need to hold the shift key (WINDOWS) or option key (MAC) whilst you click restore in iTunes. The file that is made by sn0wbreeze on your desktop will be called "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3G-4.1.ipsw".

If you're having trouble making a IPSW file, then i'm not sure, but if you like I can upload a working iphone 3G ipsw, which I made myself... :D

EDIT - Here's a working iPhone 3G IPSW. You will still need to activate the device with an official carrier sim card though and it will need to be unocked with Ultrasn0w.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  3. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

ok i got all that last time official carrier sim card is my problem then

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

You can make a custom firmware that "hacktivates" it, so you don't require a carrier sim, but when I did that for somebody, I couldn't get the wifi to work and the carrier settings were all messed up... >.< You can make one to activate the device with Sn0wbreeze on expert mode.

I did make a thread before though about sim cards that can be used just for activating the iphone, here! That listing has ended now, but there's a link at the top to the relisted one.

5. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

I found this about manually hacktivating your device after restoring with a custom Firmware... :D Hope it helps...

6. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

thanks as my biggest problem is unlocking the phone to get into the menu to do anything. not yet got the homepage on the i-phone up

7. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

when following sn0wbreese 2.0 on expert mode highlight the option it has a green tick against it the white arrow in the blue box to go to next screen won't go to next screen, guy in the market said you need a pin code to get in it.

8. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Unfortunately I don't know why sn0wbreeze isn't working for you. Here's the link to download a custom IPSW for Firmware 4.1 for 3G, so you won't need sn0wbreeze now, and then use the tutorial I posted in my last post to activate it. That tutorial will help you get rid of the activation screen and should get you into the menu, but you need to restore with a custom firmware first though... Remember for iphone 3G, you need to use iREB to restore. get your device into restore mode and then run iREB and then restore in itunes when your device says waiting for custom firmware.

9. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

megaupload been giving this message last couple of days even though i use it less than once a day
    We have detected an elevated number of requests from your IP address.
    This may be caused by improperly designed third-party software.
    A temporary access restriction is in place. Please check back in 22 minutes or log in using your premium account.

10. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

worked im in, cheers dude. any ideas on unlocking networks???

11. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

now im in to i phone version 4.1 modem 05.14.02. looks like im stuck for now

12. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

although i believe i have custom firmware on it as switching the phone on i get the snowflake on it instead of the apple logo, i can do everything execpt use youtube app and get a phone signal.

13. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

One of the problems with custom firmware, is the youtube app problem. this can be fixed by adding the repo "http://cydia.pushfix.info" to Cydia's sources and download ONE of the youtube fixes in the repo. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the phone signal thing. Have you installed ultrasn0w? Have you got the correct settings for your carrier on your device? I've always used an official carrier's sim, so I've not had that problem... >.<

EDIT -

I literally just saw this. Unfortunately baseband 05.14.02 is not unlockable at the moment... :( Did you upgrade to official firmware at any point? o.0 The snowflake un boot up does mean it's on a custom firmware, but as I said, there's no software unlock at the moment, so ultrasn0w won't work for you. That's why you're not getting any signal bars...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  14. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

was given to me like this

15. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Ahhh, fair enough then... lol As I said there is no unlock for that baseband and from what I read earlier, the unlock is being saved until firmware 4.2 comes out. so you're out f luck atm... :( I will keep you posted when I hear about a software unlock... :D

16. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

17. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

im on 4.1 (8b117) is this a beta version i can reverse and get out of along with modem firmware 05.14.02

18. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Nah, it won't be the beta version. Either way you can't downgrade the baseband unless your 3G meets specific requirements... Search for fuzzyband in Cydia and see if that says your device is eligible for baseband downgrade. If not, then good luck with the unlock sim... lol