1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i pod hack

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by yt72, Nov 29, 2005.

1. yt72

yt72 Guest

Hey, any one out there that knows how to ether mod some games onto the ipod or buy them and if so what are the games? Is there an emulator out there for it? Because I heard that, you can put lynx on it. and sorry can you use the ipod for file transfers like can you put some one elces songs on your computer because when I tried to do this when I had the 40 gb one it erased all my first 8000 songs and replaced them with the songs I was trying to add but any way any one know.

-yt-

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Firstly, try not to say 'hack', 'mod' soundes better :)

You can modify the ipod, but only the very older models, (<2nd Gen) Judging by the fact that you have managed to hold 8000 tunes on, i'll assume you have a 60gb model.

In this instance, you cannot just update from another pc and expect it to bulk up you library, it will only give you the contents of the itunes on that particular pc. In this instance, I would suggest using the ipod as a portable HDD - put the songs from the other pc into a folder and copy the folder to your ipod (anywhere on your iPod) Then when you get back to your current pc, *[bold]turn off auto update[/bold]* as soon as you hook it up. Then cut the folder from your ipod (the one with all the music) to the place where tou keep all the music files on your pc. Then, import them in itunes, turn auto-update on, and there you have it :)

3. Bird7

Bird7 Regular member

ok....

go to www.ipodwizard.net they have all sorts of iPod hacks. i changed my "do not disconnect"screen and the bettery charging on my iPod Mini 4th Gen