1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I pod Wiped Help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by neo842, May 13, 2011.

1. neo842

neo842 Regular member

Hi how are Yeah

I wiped my laptop and and went to plug the i pod back into windows 7 and its said it was updating but it wiped it.

But it says the songs are on the system but then are no on it ?

Can any of you guys help me get my songs back

2. Mez

Mez Active member

What do you mean you wiped your laptop?

Why would W7 update your ipod? Then you you wiped again. Does wiping mean deleting everything, formatting the disk or something else?

My fist guess you have one or more viruses ripping up your computer.

3. neo842

neo842 Regular member

I plugged into my i pod to my windows 7 laptop which I have just recently formated and reinstalled windows 7.

And I put i tunes on the laptop and plugged in the i pod and the i pod is after formatting itself.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

itunes may may have thought you were going something illegal and formatted your ipod. Hopefully you didn't have anything on the ipod you didn't have backed up.

You could try ntfsundelete. If itunes did a quick format you might recover your music.

Hopefully you didn't spend a good deal of money on the tunes. If you care about your music you might look into Mediamonkey or WinAmp. Neither deletes your music because you MIGHT be doing something illegal. If you go through this forum at least 10% of the posts are "help itunes ate my music" under various titles.