1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I read posts but still having problems with RAR files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MsLoveLee, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

This is my first post and I apologize if the answer is somewhere in the forum but Ive been looking at all the posts for 2 days and to no avail very frustrated.

I have a CDRW drive not a DVD rewrite drive.

I have a movie that I extracted from Winrar all the rar files to a sole bin file. I cant for the life of me get this burned onto a cd-r to watch on my dvd player.

Can someone be so kind as to assist me in obtaining this info.

thanks again.

2. cgram7

cgram7 Member

3. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

Thanks for your responce...thanks for the links...however, Im not sure what typeof cd to use...in the compatability all of them say SVCD but 2 out of three says CD-RW Isnt true to play a movie you need to use a CD-RW Disc?

4. cgram7

cgram7 Member

i think it should play cd-r and cd-rw
    what is the brand/ model of your dvd player?

5. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

ok I have a Sanyo DWM-400 and I finally got it to play with a cdrw disk with svcd now I only see it in black and white...why? I also see something that says PBC On...I have no Idea what that means....can anyone give me any ideas...thanks again

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Alchohol 120 is very good for burning bin/cue files. You browse to the cue file in image burning wizard in 120 and it will auto pick up the bin file and burn to CD+,-,r,rw.

It has a 30 day(i believe, it may be 15) free trial.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  7. Bells

Bells Member

ok, im really sorry, im the newset of newbs.... im still not a hundred percent sure bout what im doing, and i'd REALLY apreciate if u could help me out just a tad.. im downloading resident evil, and its a telesync file. when i open the movie folder, i have 2 folders: one is called CD1 and the pther CD2 (dooh) but when i open them, its got loads of files either called RAR files, or it would seem to be like chapters in somecases as they are called R01 R02 R03 etc.... so could someone please help me out? thanks very much, i really appreciate it.

8. Bells

Bells Member

i forgot to mention, i want to know how to watch the file.. i have an open source media player or whateva you call it, called Mplayer, and i can watch the RAR files and the Rnumbered files when i use Mplayer, but the problem is that its a like 4 minutes long file and there are lots of them, and i doubt (i really hope) that thats not how you watch a telesync movie..( lol ) well okies, i would be most greatful if someone could answer my question, and enlighten the dim.... cheers

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Create a folder for each cd1 and cd2 folders. You then need a program like winrar to extract those files to the respective folders you created.

You will end up with a bin file and a cue file in each folder you extracted to from the cd1 and cd2 folders.

Open alchohol 120 and pick image burning wizard. load the cue file from cd1 with the browse feature and it will automatically go to the bin file and alchohol 120 will burn to disk. then do the same for cd2. You can then watch your movie.

Nero can also burn DL'd files.

10. Bells

Bells Member

ok cheers, thanks alot!! well i'll get thois movie going..
    byee

11. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

Im the person who started this thread but I still have not corrected my problem. I am seeing the SVCD on my disk in black and white but when viewing on the computer it shows in color...i have all the utilities that have been mentioned and burned the cd in both nero and alcohol 120% and it still shows in black and white on my dvd player. My Dvd will play it but only in black and white. Any ideas?

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mslovelee, the only thing it can be is your player if it's playing on your PC in color. You said you finlly got it to play in your player which sounds like you were having problems with it to begin with. Some older players have a hard time with CD discs.

you probably don't want to hear this, but you may need a new or at least a different player. Most all the new ones play all formats and are cheap.

I just bought a Philips DVP 642 for 65.00 at WalMart that plays all formats including Divx and mpeg. Has some good extra features as well including zoom and it's BIOS can be upgraded.....

Maybe someone else will have an idea, but I really think it's your player.

13. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

My player says that it plays mepg and dvdr/rw and Divx..but it still doesnt play...oh well I guess well be watching these on the puter :(

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

But does it play CD R/RW?