1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really need to convert Divx to Mpeg, I need to get rid of the divx codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by applemac, Jun 22, 2004.

1. applemac

applemac Member

I run OSX and I need to get rid of the divx encoding and go back to either .mov or .mpeg/mp4 format... Help? I just want it to play in quicktime player... :( I'm a bit of a newb....
    thnx!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I dunno if TMPGEnc exists for Macs but doesnt the QuickTimePro do encoding? :)

3. deusex

deusex Member

You can also create mov files with 3ivx codec.

4. Locor

Locor Member

I was told to use TMPGEnc to convert DIVX to MPEG but when I tried it said the DIVX or XVID file was not valid. Is it because TMPGEnc doesnt actually do that or because I have to install some encoder/decoder separately? (the Xvid and Divx codecs themselves are installed on the PC since I can play these files.)

5. carefree

carefree Member

6. Wizphl

Wizphl Guest

hi guys i have had the same problem as Locor does anyone know how i can burn divx movies on to a dvd disk i have some good movies but can only watch them on the pc like Locor have tryed TMPGENC with no luck so HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEE SOMEBODY PLEASE

7. mux

mux Member

get a modded XBOX, you can play xvid/divx on it and play it to a tv. XBOX's are so cheap anymore you can get one of those for less than a good dvd player and not have to spend the time and expense converting movies you have into dvd's, just use the existing xvid/divx that you already have.