1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I start Mame and it says,"No games found." Can anyone help me set this up?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by irrelevant_pelican, Nov 25, 2013.

1. irrelevant_pelican

irrelevant_pelican Newbie

So I start Mame and it says "No games found. Please check the rompath specified in the mame.ini file."

I dont see a mame.ini file anywhere, I even did a search for it and came up with nothing.

Im surprised by the interface, is there not a version that would have "File, Open game," or something like a normal emulator for SNES or something?

Anyway, can anyone give me a hand? Im lost.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

this is how the menu is on mine as you can see from ss it shows available games.you might of put roms in wrong folder or broken roms.
    [​IMG]

this is the roms directory on mine where you put the games.
    [​IMG]

3. irrelevant_pelican

irrelevant_pelican Newbie

Thank you for the reply.

Wow, that version looks way better than whatever I have. Let me show you what I see:

--------

No menu or anything.

I first put the folder with the ROMs files (folder called Battletoads) in the Rom folder, but nothing happened. So then I just emptied the Battletoads folder and placed it in the Rom folder, still nothing.

---------

This is strange, what version of Mame do you have? I think I should just get whatever youve got.

Edit: okay I can't post links since I'm new here so I can't show you what I see...

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

my version is mame32 0.103u2

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

what's in that MAME32ui ?? file.. it seems to say config settings.. open it up with a plaintext editor and see what's in there

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

your right in the ui is configuration settings obviously.i was not the original poster of this thread and i dont know what files he does or doesn't have.without knowing what version of mame hes trying to run its kinda hard to know.

i do know i tried several versions of mame before finding 1 that was actually simple to use,played a few games on it but havnt used it for ages.

as for battletoads i don't recall it ever being on an arcade machine,nes and snes emulated versions work.I just checked its actually listed in mame32 directory.

7. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

trust me eh?.. the emulator expert.. even though I have no interest at all in MAME or running it XD