i still cant get these new xvids encoded to vcd format mpegs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dubz, Dec 17, 2003.

1. dubz

dubz Member

im having these same problems still with the xvids giving tmpgenc runtime errors, and i've also tried using cucusoft avi to mpg converter and it also crashes it. is there a link im missing to an explanation of how else to do these and or to avoid this problem? i have seen a lot of different theories on here but then no one could seem to agree on the best way to do it. ive seen something about frame serving or whatever but i dont know how to do this either. the older divx rips i can encode fine. also could anyone tell me what the best program to use to just cut the second half of an mpeg off is, a friend encoded a mpg for me and it somehow made it twice i just needed to hack off the second part of it, not really do the whole encoding thing to it again. thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Use "Mainconcept encoder" it handles XviD file without a Problem and it has Very high Quality and is faster than most encoders....But if even this encoder has Problems then you can then be certain that the Culprit is Probably the File not the Encoders..

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member