1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still have several channels missing from my Kryptview A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by AbsDigi, Jan 7, 2012.

1. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

It's now been 4 days since they went. Do they return automatically or do I need to scan them? And how can I check if my Kryptview is in Standby and Powerscan mode?

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if the tps went down with a problem and when fixed should return if you have a good signal and quality reading,if low it may be a problem at your end.

3. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

But my signal reading and quality reading are the same with all the other cannels, so why would only 4 out of 250+ be missing?
    Thanks

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

its not at your end,seems to be a few posts around with missing channels now,so its kvs end so wait and see again.we can arrange for 50 to go if you wish lol.

5. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

Thanks for the reassurance, cactikid :)
    The odd thing is that my signal strength is much higher when I press the TV/RADIO button and am "watching" a radio station-It goes up to 88%. Why is that?!

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i would think its easier to push a radio station through than a tv station that needs more info to obtain a picture,like downloading an update for pc or downloading a movie.
    channels do come and go they always have and will do again its called life,wear and tear on all things.

7. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

Is there any reason why 56% as signal strength is so common when I look on boards like this? It seems uncanny that I have exactly the same figure as many others, so unless I go for a booster, I suppose the best thing is not to get obsessed if the figure is below 75-80% :)
    Thanks again for all your amazing advice over the years

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

56 is to low and will cause issues, break up missing chans etc, your cables need to be looked at and if your paying for a service from a cable provider, i suggest you ring em as that level is way to low

9. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

Thanks, Mickah. I have no splitters and it is a direct feed to the back of my box.I notice that my local area is a long way from where I live (The other side of London). Could that lead to a lower signal strength? And if 56 is way too low, why is it that the only channels I can't get are the ones that noone else has either?, eg FX and ITV + 1? And why is my RADIO strength 88?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  10. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

My box also gets no more than 56% signal strength, and I'm itching to ring VM as I also have a V+ box subscription for which I'm paying them good money actually. It's just that I don't know what excuse to make to complain about signal strength. Worried in case they start asking about how I manage to find out what signal strength I'm getting from the V+ box and all that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

just tell them your pic is breaking up on your box, they will talk ya thorough some checks on the phone and perhaps they will send someone out and they will check it, like any intermittant problem, it comes and goes ; - )

12. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

Come on krptview biggest racing festival and no racing UK????
    Only use the box occasional and it was working fine on Saturday and last night, now no Cheltenham.
    Rescanned, had the box on standby, everything checked but no signal from Racing UK.

13. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Thanks, will try that ;)