1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i suck at softmodding, please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sk8rboy2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. sk8rboy2

sk8rboy2 Guest

hey guys thanks for helping. okay, i have an unleash x dashboard as a result from a softmod when i installed linux. i didn't back up the eeprom because i was being stupid and was so syched about hopefully getting my hands on the xbox media center. unfortunately i couldnt do the file transfer and (i know i know i had flashxp and a REAL crossover cable and a good comp but NOTHING WORKED!) then i was just fed up so i said screw it but now i cant get back my original xbox dashboard and plus when i try to play dvd's (the videos not games) they dont play (i even have the plugin thingy too) and the ever-so-classic error 21 comes on the screen. so tell me, am i screwed or is there anyway out of this mess? thanks for your time.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

21 - anywhere -

This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).