1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i surfed the net & now my pc has spyware pop ups,i copied the highjacker file for you to help me out

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by engin123, Mar 28, 2008.

1. engin123

engin123 Guest

i think you will be proud of me bruce iv'e found a link & once you have pasted it into your browser then you can tell me is that the proper way it is meant to be done so i think if we wait before we download from windows microsoft lets set the set up onto my desk top the right way,

otherwise it proberbly will not work,i will try to do it if i cant i will wait untill you are ready to explain it to me step by step

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=183111&sid=d4cfdb19d4144f6534c2e0c27558c48b

2. engin123

engin123 Guest

do i need to download all these packs along side with the service pack2 as well,but do i download the restore pack first,tis is what was at the end of the page at the bottom

downloaded Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install also downloaded:
    Windows XP Professional Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install
    Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install
    Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset
    Office XP Update: Service Pack 2 (SP2)
    Virtual PC 2007
    Top of page

3. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Hey engin123,

Where is your ComboFix.exe located?

Is your XP Home edition or Professional?

Please answer these two questions before we proceed.

~Ltangel~

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. engin123

engin123 Guest

its xp professional,ive down loaded the combofix [1] in the way that it wa intended to be downloaded,its on my desktop with the red circle with the x in the circle,thats how far ive gone so far,but i know beforewe download the xp software we need to copy past & put the words which is in a white box below the comifix [1] first,i wasn't sure how to do that so i left that for now,good morning to you bruce Download the file & save it as it's originally named, next to ComboFix.exe.<--- Important! thats where im at now

5. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Now close all open windows/browsers, then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. It is as shown in the picture below:

[​IMG]

ComboFix will run after you have done the above.
    Follow the prompts and agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console. When complete, a log named CF_RC.txt will open. Please post the contents of that log. CF_RC.txt is located in C drive.

Go!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  6. engin123

engin123 Guest

Using your mouse, Highlight and then Right-click | Copy the entire contents of the Code box below, including blank lines:
    Code:
    KILLALL::

DirLook::
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LA104.tmp

Open a new Notepad session (Do not use a Word Processor or WordPad). Click "Format" and be certain that Word Wrap is not enabled. Right-click | Paste the Code box contents from above into Notepad. Click File, Save as..., and set the location to your Desktop, and enter (including quotation marks) as the filename: "CFscript.txt" . Using your mouse, drag the new file CFscript.txt and drop it on the ComboFix.exe icon as shown: this is what i couldn't be able to do,so if you can guide me first on this,i will put the link back into this message copy & paste it into your browser when you have opened it up scroll down the page where it shows you how to download comifix [1] to your desktop & to save the name as well,ive done that but as you will see to boxes showing you what you havr to do then it has an arrow pointing downwoods so that is the part i haven't done yet where you have to copy & paste what is in that white box somehow & you are meant to put it into the comifix [1] thats where i left it,if we do this part then we can start on the xp moving it to the combifix [1],heres the link for you to see what im talking about on the diagram
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=183111&sid=d4cfdb19d4144f6534c2e0c27558c48b

7. engin123

engin123 Guest

thats the part im having the problem with the easy part is copying it & pasting it but how do i find out where this note pad is i don't have a clue & then how do i get to the format part

8. engin123

engin123 Guest

im sorry for any delay the avg started to do a scan test saying that there is a setup_en[1].exe the result infection it says trojan horse downloader.zlob.xb what do i do its only found this one trojan ,do we carry on from where i said i needed your help about the note pad where do you find it & how do you find the format bit after to format it then to drag it into comofix[1[

9. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Umm, I never ask you to open Notepad. I simply asked you to move the setup file into ComboFix.exe. Where did you get that instructions from??

10. engin123

engin123 Guest

remember i sent you a link & on that link as you scroll down it look at the set up of combo bombo & you will see the picture diagram & you will see how it tells you step by step on how to do it,its no different to your one really,but thats where i started to get confused

11. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

The diagram you are looking at is NOT what I'm telling you to do.

The diagram is telling you how to download and rename ComboFix.exe, but we do NOT have to do that.

You already have ComboFix.exe on your desktop. You just need to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. Please follow my earlier instructions on how to install the Recovery console below:

Please don't look at the instructions at that link anymore, it will only make you more confused. Just follow my instructions.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  12. engin123

engin123 Guest

ok i will do that now,i know what you mean,thank you

13. engin123

engin123 Guest

14. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Yes, please download the setup file from that link by pressing the "Download" button.

15. engin123

engin123 Guest

ive downloaded it & saved it as the name of ComboFix.exe.& it is on my desktop,now a black box has opened up & says please specify the floppy drive to copy the images to: so now im stuck i don't know what to type into this black box at the top of the box first it states to create these disks,you need to provide 6 blank,formatted,high-density disks,i don't have a floppy disk on my pc what to do next bruce

16. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Huh? You downloaded the setup file and named it ComboFix.exe? Why did you do that?

You should leave the name of the setup file as it is. I said download it and put it on desktop together with ComboFix.exe, NOT name the setup file as ComboFix.exe.

It seems that you have problem understanding my instructions, if you are unsure, please ask.

17. engin123

engin123 Guest

sorry shall i download it again & once ive done it i will let you know

18. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Please do, and follow my instructions carefully. Thanks. :)

~Ltangel~

19. engin123

engin123 Guest

iv'e done it now its on my desk top,but the black box has oppened up again saying the same thing what to do now

20. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

What is the message in that black box? Can you tell me the full message?