1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i surfed the net & now my pc has spyware pop ups,i copied the highjacker file for you to help me out

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by engin123, Mar 28, 2008.

1. engin123

engin123 Guest

c:\DOCUME-1\EDDY\LOCALS-1\TEMP\IXPOOO.TMP\makeboot.exe,this is in grey on the top of the black box,its the same type of box that opens up when you go into start then run then you type in cmd then that black box opens up,after saving it to the desktop it says run then i clicked it to run then the next part of it said open run i think then after i did that which usually thats near the end or is the end of the insterlation,thats when the black box comes only then not before
    This program creates the Setup boot disks
    for Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
    To create these disks, you need to provide 6 blank,
    formatted, high-density disks.

Please specify the floppy drive to copy the images to:

2. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Did you drag and drop the setup file onto ComboFix.exe? It seems that you still don't understand my instructions.

When you download the setup file to your desktop at the link in the previous post, it should be dragged and dropped directly onto ComboFix.exe. You should NOT double-click on the setup file.

Ok, I shall say it clearer.

Use your mouse and click on the setup file you've downloaded, hold down your left mouse button and drag the setup file to ComboFix.exe. Then release your left mouse button when the setup file is right on top of ComboFix.exe.

Actually, the image below is clear enough, what do you not understand?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  3. engin123

engin123 Guest

ive done it,im filled with joy & not pain & sorrow for a change im half way back to getting my baby back i miss her so much,i think tonight it time to spoil her with a candle lit dinner for two,joking,whats next bruce,you are the original terminator,of all pests & viruses

4. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Can you please post the CF_RC.txt in your C drive?

5. engin123

engin123 Guest

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
    [boot loader]
    timeout=2
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

6. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Hey engin123,

Great, now please restart your computer. If the Recovery Console is indeed installed successfully, you should see a black screen with Microsoft Windows Recovery Console as a booting option when you restart.

AFTER restarting your computer, please follow the instructions below.

VERY IMPORTANT! Please read the entire instructions and ask if you have anything you don't understand. Do NOT do anything until you know what I'm asking you to do completely.

Run SDFix

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to C:\.

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
    [*]Restart your computer
    [*]After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
    [*]Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
    [*]Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
    [*]Choose your usual account.

[*] Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
    [*] Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
    [*] It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
    [*] Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
    [*] When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
    [*] Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
    [*] Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan with SmitFraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
    Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Double-click smitfraudfix.exe
    Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
    Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In your next reply (please include):

Fresh HijackThis log (after doing all the above)
    Report.txt from SDFix
    Report from SmitFraudFix

Go!

~Ltangel~

7. engin123

engin123 Guest

thank you so so so so so so much,im going out now i will be back it is in london now 1140am i will leave by 1150am or 1155am i will be back no later then 1pm or 1.30pm,maybe even before then i will start to read & follow your guidelines to make the world a better & safer place to live in is that ok ,in future because now & again i get a bit of bad luck when it comes to pc's can you send me your details like name country & e-mail,

because when you post a post upsometimes they don't always reply & its like a quick thing & you don't know from one minute to the next if it will be somone else who will take over or not,so its less confusing if i can stick to you bruce because i like your style & i can learn a lot from you,

everyone gives different advice on things so its better to be sticking with one do you agree to this bruce,im even willing to sign a treety if that will help the un

8. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Alright, I'll wait for you.

As much as I would want to help you in real life, I cannot give away my personal information in a public forum like this. It is very dangerous to give out personal information on the Internet, I believe we all know that.

By the way, I don't live in USA or UK. My time zone is entirely different from yours, so I might not be on when you are on. I'll try my best to help you, and I can guarantee that helping you on here is the most effective way.

Just follow my instructions and you shall be fine. :)

9. engin123

engin123 Guest

ok no problem,it would be nice to know at least where you are from i don,t think that can cause you any harm because i got your last post at 3.45am this moring but i only saw it there at 6.10am when i woke up,so we know each oters times zones,

i have no problem with you if you asked me where my parents come from i would tell you,although i cant see you visa versa you just at least want to know the persons name or nick name & country of birth,it just makes you know the person a little better,

if we just spoke only once or twice there is no need but we have become like teacher & pupal so thats the only reason because time zone wise i don.t know when we can interact,do you get me

10. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

I don't really consider myself a teacher, I am more of a helper, that's all. :)

I live in Asia, and my time zone is GMT +8. Sorry but that's all I can reveal. While it's ok to tell you which country I am from privately, I prefer not to say it on here where lots of other users can read my post.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

PS. I'm a girl btw.

11. engin123

engin123 Guest

ok hre goes wish me luck,what i have done is to print out what instructions you gave me so that i got it in my hand i will do all now of what you have asked of me,

i thought you went out i sen t you a few messages before but i got no reply even though what i saw on the profile was what i think just to protect you,no problem,lets now move on if you are around can you send me back a message to let me know you are there & to know you just got my message now,thank you bruce

12. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

I've sent you the message to your inbox. You can proceed to do the instructions. :)

13. engin123

engin123 Guest

hi ive set up the sdfix onto my desktop now ive rebooted & i went into safe mode but on the next page where it says please \sellect the opperating system to start i don't know which one to click on is it xp professional or is it microsoft windows recovery console,im running 2 pc's so im using the other one to send you the message same ip address but its all going through a edimax 5 way broard band roughter & its using my virgin media modem which is called webstar just thought it might be important for you to know,

will your reply still come to this computer i don't think it can vcan i don't know how to set up another hotmail account on this pc,

but ive got a hotmail account which in a couple of days i will delete if you know how i could put my same hotmail e-mail address onto this pc that would be great,this is the e-mail can you send it to me on what to do just for this one time now so i know what to do if i don;'t hear from you then i will just go ahead & to put it into xp profeeional
    eazyrasta@hotmail.com

14. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Select Windows XP professional and proceed. :)

Since you have two computers, use one to see my reply and fix the other one.

15. engin123

engin123 Guest

the box has opened up into the destination white box where it says c:/ do i type anything into there & what is it you want me to type is it just y & then press enter to clean

16. engin123

engin123 Guest

did you get my last message

17. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Yes just type Y then Enter.

18. engin123

engin123 Guest

i typed in y next to the c:/ into destination & it was working fine at the end of it it just disapeard,then i pressed a few letters on the key board & nothing happened all i heard was a bleep sound coming from the pc

19. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Did it prompt you to restart your computer? If it didn't, restart yourself, this time restart in normal mode (get out of safe mode that is).

Follow the rest of the instructions from there.

20. Ltangel

Ltangel Regular member

Hey,

I got to sleep now, it's late here. I'll help you tomorrow. Night.

~Ltangel~