1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i deleted a little too much..

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by julio13, Apr 2, 2005.

1. julio13

julio13 Member

I was screwing around with my v180 and i deleted someting associated with motomixer on the phone. Now when i try to load the application if freezes, adn when i try to load a ring tone i made it does the same. Any ideas on how to fixt his? Oh, i backed my phone up, but apparently after i deleted these filse, so there is no backup. Sad.

2. julio13

julio13 Member

Heelp? por favor!

3. julio13

julio13 Member

Aaahh...not only that, but i can no longer set things like differnt ring tones for different ways of communication (voicemail, specific contacts in address book, etc.) This is set when looking at the ring style details in the Audio option. Instead of going to the page that allows me to do that, it goes back to the settings page.

4. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

That doesn't sound good. If I were you, you could do one of two things.

1: Find somebody with a v180 that's willing to upload the files for you.

2: Find a monster flash file that has ALL the files that the original v180 has.

5. julio13

julio13 Member

I like the "find soemone to upload from" idea, but i don't know the specific files i need. Would i be taking a bit of a risk if i did the monster flash file?

6. Wizardtom

Wizardtom Member

As far as motomixer is concerned, without the .bas files it looks for you will not be able to get it working again.

The ringtones can be fixed one of two ways.

1-
    Use P2Kman to delete the two .db files in the sounds folders. Restart the phone. The files will rebuild themselves and you should be able to set your ringtones.

DB files are in
    /a/mobile/audio

2-
    If #1 didn't work load up PST and select new=>feature file. Then Phone=>Read from phone. set all fields to 0 and Off. Write to phone. - Then delete the .db files as in step 1. Reboot the phone.

7. julio13

julio13 Member

Any idea what the specific .bas file is named in reference to motomixer?

After deleting those two .db files and restarting the phone, i still have the problem concerning the Soft/loud/vibrate Detail option reverting back to the setting window when i try to click the Change option (in order to set specific tones to specific items like voicemail, etc). How can i fix that??

8. julio13

julio13 Member

Almost is fixed, including motomixer. The only remaining problem is that i cannot get into that option I was talking about. Shoudl i start a new thread on that specific subject? Ideas on how to fix?

9. AO23

AO23 Member

jus restart yo whole fone...yo files will get earased but u can jus put them back on....everything should work fine if u master clear your fone

10. julio13

julio13 Member

I fixed it! Thank you all for all your suggestion. Suckas!

11. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

Haha. Glad you fixed it.