1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may have messed up. Is it possible to fix?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rockytrh, Mar 5, 2007.

1. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

Hi, I just recently softmoded my xbox using the NDURE (I think, i may be wrong with that) exploit. I also replaced EvolutionX with XBMC on it. I have now decided that I would like to install a larger harddrive, and I found a guide to do that. However, before I go buy a new hard drive and try this, i need to know if it will be possible to fix a problem that I made. When installing the softmod, it asked me what version I wanted to put on it, one was if I was using the stock harddrive, the other if I was going to be using and upgraded hard drive. I don't remember which one I choose, but I think I might have choosen the the stock hard drive one as I innitially didn't plan on upgrading the HD.

Is there any way to fix this? (assuming there is a problem)

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

No problem, just remember you will need to get the eeprom.bin file off the currently fitted xbox drive to lock your new drive after installing all the software to it.

3. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

Awesome, i had thought i had messed it all up by selecting the wrong option. Krayzie's NDURE says something about splitting hard drive space in the e and f "drives" I was just making sure selecting the wrong option on that would hinder.

Thanks janrocks, you rock :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007