1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think Ive Stripped The Screw Hole, xecuter 2.6 lite + solderless problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jdilla, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive modded two xbox one with xecuter 2.3b lite+ and another with xecuter 2.6 lite solderless, as you can tell i dont know how to solder, and after this inciddent i think i should learn. when i installed the xecuter 2.6 lite With xapter to my cousins xbox the installation went smooth, flashed the chip and it worked fine for him for about two months, till this weekend he brought it over complaining that the xbox was fragging, i opened it up and ive noticed that the xapter adapter wasnt making full contact with the lpc holes on the mobo. i tried ti tighten the screw down some more, and it just danced around, it wouldnt tighten any more. ive tried going to a couple of hardware stores (Ace hardware, homedepo, and radio shack) none of them carry the replacement screw that came with the chip. i was thinking that maybe a similar screw, but a bit longer would make the chip tighten up. but i cant find that screw anywhere. can someone please guide me on what i should do with this stripped screw hole? im pretty sure other people have messed up this way and im pretty sure they found a way to tighten that sucker screw in. so far i cant come up with anything. tape wont work mad.gif please anyone, help rolleyes.gif

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Greattt Newwsss!! i was succesfull. i followed a suggestion said by someone and it worked great. remove mobo, place xapter on the mobo, insert new thicker-longer screw in with a washer on one side, than tighten it up with a nut on the other side, i used a screw driver on both ends to get a tighter fit. now that sucker is in there for good i hope. thanks again to all the guys that responded to my problem