1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think we dont need blu-ray movies for now...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by mattkind, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

I hv ps3 and a full hd tv . Blu-ray movies look amazing but regular dvds are great through HDMI . You dont need to buy blu ray movies, just buy dvds for half the price until we know whos the winner

2. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Do DVD's look just as good as blu-ray when they're upscaled?

3. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

There is a small difference of course . But i just watch Smokin Aces and the picture quality was amazing.

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Well now their might not even be Bluray, Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Animation have just announced they have gone HD DVD exclusive....

5. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

Whaaaaat ???? can u give me the link where u heard this. I wish i went on HD DVD side , which i like better. The only reason i went with blu ray was because there were more studios saporting the format but if this is true , S"it i hv to buy an xbox . No wonder why everyone hates sony

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

7. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Yah i'd have to agree, we should wait and see who the winner is before dishing out the extra cash.

8. EricCarr

EricCarr Regular member

I would wait it out too. It's the old Beta vs VCR thing all over again. Those who bought the Beta got the stiff rod back then.

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

First, this is nothing like VHS and Betamax (I prefer the video game analogy). Second, buy both (or a dual format player) as that is the only way to ensure that when your favorite movie comes out in HD you will be able to watch it.

Ced

10. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

it is much cheaper to buy seperate stand alones than the hybrid player. BTW, the hybrid players don't fully support hd dvd sound capabilities. When the blu ray player hits around $200 this holiday, I will pick one up solely for the fox and sony titles. I love hd dvd though and think I made a great purchase already.

11. diabolos

diabolos Guest

How do you know what the Samsung BD-UP5000 Duo player will support there are no official specs yet? Plus the lack of Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, and DTS-HD (if not also DTS-HDMA) decoding would put it at a disadvantage to most of the next-gen players currently available players. Seems like a bad move that Samsung wouldn't want to make.

Ced