1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a phone...help me...

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by Jay05, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Ok, here's the situation. I want a phone, but I'm on my own as I'm in college. I'm thinking of getting one of the slide phones off of the internet which is cheaper to get rather than from a store cuz slide phones cost a lot from what I see. I've got some good deals such as from Ebay but do anyone of you know where else I could look? I dont want to spend more than 60$ on it. Also my problem is that I want to find a service provider for the phone but I don't know which company to use. I don't talk a lot on it. I just want to use it for emergency cases such as traveling, etc.

2. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

You may want to invest in a pay-as-you-go phone, that way you dont have to worry about spending $50 on 500 minutes and only using 20 of them.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Well I was thinking of doing prepaid, but what service provider do you suggest? I live in the rural areas of PA.

4. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Wow, what a coincidence so do I :)
    Anyway, it pretty much depends upon what type of phone you want and what plan works best for you. Most pay-as-you-go plans make you put a certain amount on every month or every 3 months. Some allow you to buy a 1 year card with only a few minutes on it, in case you dont need many minutes but want to keep the number. Approx. how many minutes a month will you use it?

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

You see I don't think I'll ever you my phone to call when I'm in College as there is a campus phone which gives me free minutes. The only time I'll use my cell will be when I'm off campus which I don't do much, maybe three times a month. I'm guess around 100 minutes per month. Oh and if I buy a phone off of eBay, whether it's cheap or really expensive does it matter if I bring it in to let's say T mobile or Cingular or Virgin Mobile, do you think I could still do the prepaid plan? And is Prepaid and Pay as you go the same thing?