1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to burn a DVD in 720p what software to use?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by opteron, Jan 17, 2006.

1. opteron

opteron Member

I use a pc, and cannot get to a mac to use final cut studio. What program can I use to burn my 720p files (mpeg) to a dvd?

Chris

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So you have a Mpeg-2 file at 720x480 and you want to Put it on to DVD, Right??

Well there are Literally Many Hundreds of Programs that can do this with Varying Degrees of Complexity and Features...

What I Personally use is Called "MediaChance DVDLab Pro" which will Author any DVD Compliant Mpeg files to DVD with Menu"s and Chapters and Scene selections ect....It is a Fairly Complex program for someone who Hasn"t authored many DVD"s so something like "Tmpgenc DVD author" is Much simpler but also has way Less Features....

Both of these Programs have Fully working 30 day demo versions available.....

Cheers

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

720p refers to the vertical, not horizontal resolution. 720x480 would be 480p (if it is progressive). 720p is 1280x720.

Since DVD Video specs don't support 720p, you can use any app capable of burning data, like say Nero. If it is over 2GB's though, you need to burn as UDF.