1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to burn a movie file from my hard drive to a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pritch, Jun 24, 2003.

1. pritch

pritch Member

i have a new computer with a dvd-rw drive on it and i was wondering if anyone knows how to burn a file (gangs of new york) onto a disc. i have the blank dvd's but the software that came with my computer only allows burning of digital video from a camcorder or another similar device, please help.

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

There are plenty of guides here on this site for ya to peruse. Please take advantage of the guides.

3. pritch

pritch Member

i looked for the guides, i dont really know the ins and outs of this site or the terminology used, could you do me a favor and point me in the right direction??

4. sandro

sandro Guest

get Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2

5. soccermom

soccermom Guest

I tried to download the Ulead movie thing. When I got half way through the free demo instillation it said put in disk one to finish set up. Am I downloading the wrong thing??

6. pritch

pritch Member

i got the program and installed it no glitches, but it still wont let me select a file from my hard drive to put on the disc, it prompts me to capture video from another device, and wont continue until i have done that. what do i do??

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I spent hours looking over the complex guides for that program. I did end up getting it to work, but I wasn't happy so I never bought the full version or used it again.

8. sandro

sandro Guest

ken0042 what do you use

9. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

What type of file are you starting with (DivX, Xvid, MPEG)? What programs do you have to work with (or are you looking for a suite of freeware to use (also possible))?
    People here will be happy to point you to an appropriate guide, but you haven't provided enough information for us to help.

10. rfkahn316

rfkahn316 Guest

Maybe you can help me -- I have Mpegs. All of them are small. My situation is the same as his./

11. rfkahn316

rfkahn316 Guest

When I try to move the videos it says "contains no film data". I'm using movie factory 2

12. pritch

pritch Member

everything works fine now, i am using a full version of ulead moviefactory 2, i downloaded free from kazaalite. thanks for all the help guys

13. rfkahn316

rfkahn316 Guest

Actually, my problem is only with cartoons...does anyone know why this would happen?

14. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

sandro- Actually I've given up on creating my own discs on the computer right now. I tried out a stand alone DVD recorder (DVD VCR) and loved it. I've since ordered one; I should have it in a couple of weeks.

Since most of the DVD's I'm creating are from analogue sources anyways, the Panasonic stand alone does an awesome job of creating the discs. One thing it does that a computer can't; it passes the video through a 3 line digital comb filter; therefore cleaning up any anomolies.

I was skeptical that any device could make an analogue to digital conversion and actually increase the quality. And I'm all about keeping the quality. :)