1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want To Copy Bulls Championship VHS Tapes To PC

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by BojTrek, Mar 10, 2004.

1. BojTrek

BojTrek Member

Yeah, I am a newbie and I did read a ton of posts already...

But I have to ask a stupid question...

What can I do to by-pass the copyright protection on my Chicago Bulls VHS Championship tapes... what options do I have...

The NBA will not release the Bulls videos on DVD, so I want to backup the VHS tapes to my PC.

I tried to copy using my Sony Mini-DV TRV38 but the "copyright error" appeared on the screen.

If I buy an All-In-Wonder can I stream directly to the PC?

Or what if I use the camcorder as a by-pass to the PC using fire-wire.

I would just hate to lose these tapes to time... can I by-pass the protection with either pass-through using IEEE port/cable or a new video card?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

No...Getting a Different Capture device will not help because Pretty Much any Capture device will detect the Copy protection on the Tapes, Your Best option is to get a "Video Stabilizer" to remove the Macrovision Copy protection, You can Plug your VCR into the Video Stabilizers video Input port and then from the Output port plug that into your Camcorders Input port and then Transfer the VHS to your PC Video Firewire Connection from your Camera to your PC..You can get a Basic Video Stabilizer for under $30 that has One RCA/Composite Video Input and one RCA/Composite Video Output (The audio is not Protected by macrovision so that would bypass the Video stabilizer and go directly into your DV Camera)...There are ones that are Closer to $75-$100 that Have S-Video Inputs/Outputs and Component Inputs/Outputs and are supposed to work well with DVD Players also....Well good Luck...Cheers

PS: Your DV CamCorder will Produce better quality than most Good Capture cards will...

3. BojTrek

BojTrek Member

Thanks... you the man... I will just have to find a good Video Stabilizer for cheap... I will check around the website to see if anyone has links...

4. Minion

Minion Senior member