1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to create a text file of my playlists

Discussion in 'Audio' started by lbeck, May 14, 2007.

1. lbeck

lbeck Member

Actually, I'd like to create a database of all of the music on my computer. I use MYMP3Pro ver. 4.0 by Pinnacle Syatems and it keeps a file of all of the music on my computer. But I also have Nero 7, Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, and a few other pieces of software that deal with MP3s and databases (playlists).

I'm fairly proficient with spreadsheets and databases so I figured that I'd transfer all of this information to Excel or whatever and play around with organizing some stuff in ways that e.g., MP3Pro can't. This is mostly because I just bought a car that plays MP3 CDs. However, I tried cutting/pasting and dragging the data from the software to anything else that I have and nothing works.

Is there any kind of free/shareware that will search my computer and find the 8000+ audio files and then place them in a format that I can transfer to e.g., Excel? preferably, this would also transfer the artist name, album, length, and other information typically given in the proprietary database used by MYMP3pro.

Of course, if you have a hint on how to use my existing software for this, that will help also.

Thanks

2. undine

undine Regular member

3. lbeck

lbeck Member

Thanks, Undine. I'll check those out with a new mindset. Actually, I have been able to transfer itmes from Windows Explorer to an excel file by printing to a .prn file that generates ASCII DOS text that can be read by wordprocessors or exported to e.g., Excel.

What I was looking for is something that would take the database that already is generated by MYMP3pro or Musicmatch Jukebox or whatever and export it eventually to Excel. Those databases (playlists) contain info like artist, album, track length, etc. which I have generated over the years, and which don't appear in Explorer.

Maybe I just need to do a search for all music filenames (wav, mp*, etc.) and work from them to assemble my mega-cds (hundreds of MP3s per disc) to play in the car.

Thanks

4. lbeck

lbeck Member

Silly me.

As I said - I generally use MYMP3Pro. But I do have musicmatch Jukebox that came preinstalled with my Dell. I checked there and that program has both the search function and an export to Excel with all the fields - So I can use that for what I want.

Thanks anyway.

Lee