1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to fast forward thru a video to save time lookin for glickes

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by diablo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

is there a free program out there that i can fast forward thru a long video to see if it has any bad frames or parts that are screwed so i will be able to edit out. i dont want to watch the whole movie in real time , it takes too long

i just need a free program to fast forward as i watch to see bad frames?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

3. diablo

diablo Guest

my windows media plaer doesnt fast forward. i guess with media player it depends on the video whether it does or doesnt.

how do i get virtualdub to play fast forward?

are there different speeds to choice from ?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Don"t use it to Play the File you use it to Scan your File for Errors..You can"t see every frame when in Regular speed much less fast Foreward so I don"t see how that would help...V-Dub has a Feature were it will scan the file for Bad frames and errors and then it will Mask all the Bad Frames when you make a New File.....

5. diablo

diablo Guest

ive tried the scan for errors in vdub but it doesnt pick up some sections that have areas that are little squares colored pixels that obstruct the video. for some reason there are bad sections in some downloaded videos that have fried colors, while the video runs that vdub scanning for errors doesnt pick up that why i need to scan it myself to pick up these glitches that the scan doesnt

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I still don"t understand how you can Analize every Frame while Playing in Fast foreward?? Most poeple can not analize 100 frame per second Much less at regular speed...And with AVI files you can"t just cut out Random Frames ,You can only cut on Key frames which means in some cases you would have to cut out 300 frames for every bad frame you want to cut out...

7. diablo

diablo Guest

i dont need to analyse every frame.. sometimes when i watch a movie there may be several seconds of no picture. that section is just all colors and thats the sections of the video i want to cut out so i wouldnt have to see it on a burned dvd. if i run a video player in fast forward the bad sections im talking about will be visible.. so thats why i wanted a player thats capable of fast forward otherwise i have to watch an hour and a half movie just to find these sections im talking about.

as for what i can cut out and what i cant, that info. i dont know right now. i didnt know that theres certain thing you need to know about cutting out section, i just assumed cut out then burn.
    whats considered a key frame?

thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  8. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

What format are the files you want to view ?

Any good video editing package should do the trick, not sure about a "free one" though.

I'm thinking about packages such as Adobe Premiere etc.

If you want to trial something for "free" try here :-

www.puremotion.com

They offer a 30 day free trial.

HomerJ

9. diablo

diablo Guest

the format are .avi's and mpeg's..

thanks

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well If all you want to do is Scan through every frame really fast then you Can do that with V-Dub by just Slowly mooveing the Navigation Slider under the Picture....You must be downloading some Pretty Corrupted AVI files ,None or very few of any of the Movies I have downloaded have any Corrupted Frames Much less a Few seconds in a Row of bad Frames....