1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want to know how do I get things to download faster?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Known, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Known

Known Member

I mean download faster from rapidshare?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

get a better internet connection.

3. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

what is the best megabyte connection if u want to dl using torrents?

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

T1 (Leased Line)

For large organizations (with some money lying around), a T1 line can be used to connect the whole office to the Internet. Sometimes referred to as a leased line, T1 is a private, dedicated line that goes directly from your office to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you don't need that much speed, you can purchase a fractional T1 leased line, which is simply a T1 line split into segments and divided among users. Leased lines provide guaranteed bandwidth, since they are not shared with other users.

Monthly Cost:
    Approximately $600 - $2,000 (closer to $300 for a fractional line).
    Speed:
    64Kbps - 1.54Mbps
    Hardware Requirements:
    Two routers (approximately $2,000/each) and two CSU/DSUs (approximately $1,000/each). (Note: ISP may provide one router and one CSU/DSU.)
    Pros:

* Very fast
    * Higher level of security and guaranteed bandwidth

Cons:

* Not available everywhere
    * Very expensive

T3

For organizations that need the fastest available connection to the Internet, a leased line connection is also available at T3 speed (45Mbps) or fractional T3 speed (starting at 3Mbps). T3 is primarily used by ISPs.

Monthly Cost:
    Approximately $6,000 -$30,000.
    Speed:
    3Mbps - 45Mbps
    Hardware Requirements:
    Two routers. (Note: ISP may provide one router.)
    Pros:

* Extremely fast

Cons:

* Not available everywhere
    * Extremely expensive

Talk about ask a stupid question.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  5. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

lol, as much as I want to get those, I couldn't! haha, its way out my league. I just need a good connection estimating around $40 a month.(Canadian dollar) Currently Am using cable modem but it still sucks.

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

If you can get 250K down on a domestic for a fair price with no limits then it's good enough for anybody but the greedy.
    My T3 is still live, but I'm not using it any more because now it's supposed to be off I noticed some strange things going on with traces........ didn't feel safe using it for anything not exactly legal if you know what I mean.. and they could just decide to bill me for the continuing usage if I do..
    Do some shopping around, but check the small print very carefully.

7. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

So what kind of connection r u using now? I think I only had 1mbit. my dl rate really sucks. average is like 25kpbs when downloading movies with good seeders. And 80kpbs when dl files around the size of 170mb.