1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to stop paying UPC help me out

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by NeVeR5000, Nov 15, 2011.

1. NeVeR5000

NeVeR5000 Member

At the moment i'm paying about ?130/Month for my TV/Phone/Broadband.

I'm looking to drop the TV/Phone and just pay for BB.

But I dont wan't to lose the use of the TV.

It's a new Full HD LED MPEG4 TV

Here my question(S)

What stations can I get for free
    How do I get these ? -
    Movies are not a problem as I've a ton on my PC and will probably get a media player to stream them to the TV via the router.
    Sports - Are there sites (legal) that will let me stream matches ? - Maybe a paid subscription website that doesn't cost as much as UPC,

I'll have a really fast internet connection and I can pay for some new hardware - But at the end of the day I want a much cheaper bill without losing all my TV.

I know I'll lose Sky movies/Sports etc But movies is not really worth it and I'm hoping the Sports can be streamed as well.

I know there is Soarview and free to air. But can they be streamed ?

Any tips on how to lose UPC and still have a good few stations would be great,

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

saorview is a standalone service,if your tv is mpeg4 and new and bought in southern irl then maybe all you need is a rabbits ears or indoor aerial,plug it into coaxial tv input and scan.
    or if you wish you could go for a combo box that does dtt and sat if you have a dish?you could get a c/s box to get the movies and sports,i think ferguson arriva might have been mentioned.

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Have a look at my SOPCAST thread about streaming games to the TV via laptop, you wont get the irish chans, unless you go to each site and stream them , such as RTE, TV3 etc

SOARVIEW isnt streamed, all SOARVIEW is a Digital version of RTE and the rest, which can be got from each site, RTE, TV3 online

Have a look here also, http://mypremium.tv/

You dont mention if u have a dish? if you want all the irish chans in DTT (soarview), the rest such as BBC, ITV C4, More 4, BBC HD and ITV HD etc for free and some in HD, look at a combo box such as Edison combo, this is a sat and a terrestrial box, no running costs, doesnt need the internet, no sport or movies, but all the majority chans with no bills or codes etc, a good option for TV with little cost

4. NeVeR5000

NeVeR5000 Member

I'm in Dublin,

I've no dish, I'll check that site out.

thanks.

5. NeVeR5000

NeVeR5000 Member

Also i use SOPCAST for watching matches. But not on my TV is there a way ( apart from connecting the laptop to the TV) to stream it to the TV

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you can stream using a PS3 or XBOX (search for the guides on here to do it) but no, if want to stream to the TV, you need to use a PC or PS3 etc, you want rid of UPC, you are looking at the methods above, all free, but not what your trying to do, 24hr free TV, only way I suggest is a dish and use a combo box, then stream your sport, which I do using the links and methods in the SOPCAST thread, top quality and free

7. pcfc

pcfc Member

private message me, mite be able to help you out

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if ya have something to share that we can all use, why not post it?

9. pcfc

pcfc Member

as ive said private message me and i can tell you what i know......just dont like putting stuff up here that might have comeback