1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to use Nero and multible dvd recorders

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by karatone, Aug 24, 2003.

1. karatone

karatone Regular member

Is anyone on the forum using Nero and multible dvd recorders? dvd recorder price is dropping and i thought it might be nice to have two recorders,but I'd like to know what kind of results others have gotten from Nero. I've used Discjuggler for my CD+G karaoke stuff with multible recorders but that was CDR stuff. any advice? thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure it could be fine! Just switch between recorders would be easy. If you mean burning with multiple, now thats different!! That would depend on your computer and the speed you are burning at!

3. karatone

karatone Regular member

Nero gives you the option of recording onto more than one drive at the same time to be able to do two copies at the same time. I'm running my Pioneer A05 on a Pentium 4 2.4ghz 800fsb sysytem with dual channel DDR 3200 , 80 gig Maxtor ,also a Lite-on DVD-rom for ripping,it's my newer machine,I also have a P4 1.8 400fsb running 512 of Rambus memory and 80 gig Maxtor hooked to a KVM switch to be able to use the 1.8 while my 2.4 is tied up burning or ripping. I think my system will handle two drives but I was still curious of any other forum user results or advice, thanks

4. Dela

Ive never tried burning with 2 dvd drives at once so I will of course be asking you to let me know how ya get on but ye i think your system can well handle it :)

5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

as far as I know, Nero doesnt support multiple dvdburner recording. doublecheck nero's site to be postive :- )

6. Dela

I woul;dnt even try it, thats a bit of a strain on the hard drive and processor I would imagine! :)