1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I will help for people that dont know much about mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by EvilModda, Sep 29, 2005.

1. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

WOW Okay sorry I have been gone lately because I was busy on making my own MAp PAck for H2........

So Dothalo wont open right eh.....Well if it says it failed to intilize properly you need to go to www.microsoft.com and get .net framework THE NEWEST ONE
    and not the SDK

2. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Sry for double posting But DOTHALO is for Modding H2 ~ Action Replay has nothing to do with modding H2........I also have been getting a lot of questions....for EXAMPLE "DUDE IA M TRYING TO MOD SO HOW DO YOU PUT HALO MAPS ON THE AR PLEEZ TELL ME" Well guess what......YOU CANT Each map is about 30 to 50 mb.....an AR card can only hold 8 mb

Go to www.halomods.com then Files Forum then Utilities and there should be a file for all the updated plugins even the flying one

If you want the flying values ask me I have been working very hard to find the freakin values and I finally found them

And please I have been getting so many AIM calls so please email me-

**removed**

I will help you even if it takes my time......

DONT CHEAT :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  3. xvisionx

xvisionx Guest

u kno how ot mkae a ppf patch?

4. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Yea use Dothalo or Isolence

5. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Or if you cant make one send me the modded map and I will make a PPF patch for you and send it to you with No charge

6. xyron

xyron Guest

how do i apply a skin to a warthog and how do i get it to work on xbox?

and is there a mod which lets us drive the scarb, now that would be sweet!

7. buhbuh513

buhbuh513 Member

I have tried connecting to my xbox but it just says this:

[R] Connecting to 68.192.128.54 -> IP=68.192.128.54 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (No route to Host)

Ive entered my ip adress, and xbox for both my usernamr and password

This makes no sense please help

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  8. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

I actually find modding Halo 2 maps with my computer using DotHalo very easy, I can even mod the original Halo with it. I use a program on my softmodded xbox called DVD2XBOX to copy a game CD to my xbox, then I use FXP and my network to put the game on a backup HD connected to my comp, then I open the map file in DotHalo, Mod the crap out of it, save my tag changes, then I use FXP and my network again to put the modded map into my xbox inplace of the original map file.

Oh btw if you do use DVD2XBOX, and you are putting Halo2 on your xbox, you can only put the multiplayer maps on it unless you have a custom (larger) HD in your xbox.

9. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Are you using FXP to Connect to your xbox?

If so you can't be using your static IP address.
    If I remember correctly, you should be able to go into your settings on both a normal xbox (via the dashboard) and on a softmodded xbox (via system settings) and switching your static IP off, then you will be using your alternate (normal IP that Computers can see).

Once in your xbox, you should be able to access all files on your xbox (ONLY IF IT"S SOFTMODDED)

If your xbox is already softmodded with evox, then it would be much easier for me to help you out, because that is how mine is done...

10. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Oh and BTW...no scarab driving =P...:( would be sweet tho...but we can't unfortunately...And about the skinning, I am in the process of skinning vehicles, I have a friend who is quite verse at skinning, I do know that he uses DotHalo to do it but I'm not quite sure how, his aim is Grog189 if you ever wanna ask him....but when you talk to him, just tell him that Ryan sent you...

11. buhbuh513

buhbuh513 Member

well i just need to now how to siftmod my xbox then so i can connect using flashfxp but in order to softmod ur box dont u need to connect using flashfxp? please explain i really have no clue what to do or what your trying to say

12. oogie

oogie Guest

i cant get my dothalo to open a map. i dont know if its right but i try to get it of my xbox d drive and it says something about jit debugger and i dont now what it is or how to apply it to the program
    can you help out or what

13. scabbsss

scabbsss Member

Oogie, did you install .net to run dothalo?

Guy who wants to know about softmodding, go to xboxscene.com and look in the tuts part, they know to much about modding.

14. oogie

oogie Guest

yes i installed .net and updated it its running and i can run TF6 so i think im good for .net right, sorry for not saying that earlier. am i missing something and what about the jit debugger thing

15. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

WOW okay a lot of questions here.....THANK YOU NORTHFALL for helping dude you do not know how many emails and AIM invites I have been getting WOW

OKay I don't know how to apply the skins for the warthog SORRY...

And oh that IP address cant be it it usually starts with 192.168.X.X
    or something like that X=Variable (not actaul number)

And I am going away for 2 weeks with my homies to Florida in like 2 days so if you see me on AIM thats my little bro.....He's learnin on how to mod and I bet he's better than half of you :p anyways ASK HIM the questions and he can't spell very well so give him a break

16. oogie

oogie Guest

i cant transfer my files from my computer to my d drive on my xbox. i try to put it over and it just has an x next to the queue and says transfer failed in the bottom righthand box

17. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

okay first the files dont go in the D folder thats where the disk is IN order to put them there you need to have H2 on the HD

18. oogie

oogie Guest

yea thats what i thought. do i have to upgrade my xbox hd or can i do it whith what i got stco whith a v1.0 xbox/ and if i can how do i do it whith evolutionx

19. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

get DVD2XBOX from xbins and put it on your xbox.....AND no you dont have to have an upgraded HD

20. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Newyzzzz...the files that get put on your xbox get put on the E:// Drive ....but yah...I can't really take you through all the specifics, cuz I didn't put the files on my xbox, I'm just pretty good with DotHalo and such...but yah do what EVIL said...just go to xboxscene...they have wayyyyy to many modding tutorials, they have people that eat, drink, bathe in and live that modding stuff...

What I do know is that when you first softmod your xbox, you have to have all the softmod files on CD to begin with, I don't know what the main executable is but I do know that it ends up being an .xbe (xbox executable file)....that is how the xbox sees it...on the CD there is usually a program that has the ability to acess your harddrive, and also has the ability to transfer files from the CD to the E:// Drive...

FXP works only when you can use the program from the CD (that should get put in your E:// Drive) can access the harddrive...

But yaaaahhh....sorry I don't know exact specifics, I wish I did...good luck though, just keep firing questions, I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability until EVIL gets back... =P