1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I will help for people that dont know much about mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by EvilModda, Sep 29, 2005.

1. oogie

oogie Guest

i am trying to put dvd2xbox on my xbox and i dont really know what to do. i dont know if i should install it from my xenium menue or my evox menue or whaw. from my evox menu i read that im supposed to put in my f drive and ad some folders to it but i cant add folders to it and on my xenium i dont have an f can you help or what

2. scabbsss

scabbsss Member

okay i just modded my maps and my xbox loads them perfectly, does this mean i can take em on live now?

3. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Okay Okay one at a time (hehe)...I have not figured out a way to take modded maps on live...Oh well... =(

And about DVD2XBOX...you must either install using an .xbe file or you must FTP to your computer and put it in the corresponding drive with all of your other mod programs in it...About DVD2XBOX, I would suggest the same as EvilModda see xboxscene...they have a crap load of information about modding...

Grog189, the friend I told yall about should be joining the thread soon...if all goes well...he'll be much more equipped to answer more topic specific questions...

4. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

By the way, I have ZERO modchips in my Xbox...I tried a Xenium Sp-Ice and a Spider Chip...but they were both WAAAYYYYY to finicky to be able to use them properly...A properly modded Xbox like mine is sooooo much better than any modchip you can buy...

Let's just say that I have 4 game systems in one...a web browser...media player...etc...IT OWNS!

Modchips suck...I hate em...I wasted like $100 + on them...and now I have em in a box in my room collecting dust :( ...

5. grog188

grog188 Member

k guys i'm northfalls freind and i'll try to help since i am the one that modded his xbox in the first place but i need specific questions not just a general idea of what you want and i should be able to help you more. I do not profess to be an expert at this, just a guy who happend to figure out how to softmod an xbox without screwin it up :)

6. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

aight aight calm down children clam down....this is Evilmoddas bro and just one thing to say SOFTMODS SUCK......you can do way more with a modchip and with a modchip it is not hard to put in a NEW HD....so what if you have a web browesr, media player, BUT DO YOU HAVE XDK......XDK is an Xbox Development Kit......it owns you and you AND EVEN YOU!

ANYWAYZZZZZ.....
    About DVD2BOX
    You download it
    Extract it
    Put it on the xbox throught FTP
    If the xbox doesnt recognize it is there try looking in the C directory and getting the Evox.ini file and editing it so It will look for Apps in the Folder you want......but it is usually set for the F directory I think

7. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Umm yah...actually I do had xdk...lol...but yah...if you can get the chips to work...then they do own...I guess I'm just not uber enough with little pieces of plastic going in 1/256 mm holes in a motherboard...oh well, but yah if you have a working modchip, you should be able to access your harddrive and do everything that you can do with a softmod...plus more...

However, if you are somewhat poor...softmods are completely free...if you know what programs to get : D...

Newys...good luck with what ever ways you wish to mod...all I have to say is..."any mod freaking owns" ... having any mod is way better than having a clean game : P...

8. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Yea the godd part about softmodding is that it is free.......and it is HARD AS HELL putting tiny pin-headers into those small holes and then soldering.......I did brake a couple of lines when I was soldering (aciddently)broke em but It was all good.......They said the PCB rebuild would make it easier to install the X3 but it made it harder......when my bro did it he used all these wires instead of the rebuild

9. NorthFall

NorthFall Member

Nice...yah...Grog and I tried chipping our xboxes...and we both fried our motherboards on our first ones...and we had to buy new ones...Lucky for me he was really good at software stuff...because he knew exactly what to put on the CD...etc...I didn't even have to think about it...I just got together with him...we put all the programs on my xbox then ... bam...I have a softmodded xbox... :D...

10. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Softmodding isn't all that hard.........

I did it in like 5 days and it took me that long cause my brother would't show me how to set up XBINS and so I had to find an exploit out of thin air

11. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

I want to know how to softmod the original halo 2 maps without burning it to your hard drive i know there is a way but i dont know how help......

Oh yeah and i wanted to know if there was a mod where you could play halo 2 campaign over xbox live... if so pleassseee post it and ill give you my S/N or email in a p/m....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  12. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

No GIZMO none of those things are possible

forget about the Campaign thing

and to mod the the original HALO 2 MAPS without burning to your HD is possible but its NOT 100% it will work but I will show you

STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
    1: Get the FULL game and put it on your PC HD from FTP.
    2: THE game will be in the D Directory
    3: Mod all the maps you want
    4: MAke an ISO of the game HALO 2 you just modded and is on your COMP.
    5: Burn the ISO to an DVD disc or on an CD rewritable
    6: Pop it into the xbox; if you have a modded xbox it should play it

Thats how I did it but see I did it with the Allied Map PAck 1.3 on one DVD disc

One cheat modded DVD

one United MAp PAck 1.4 on another DVD

and H2:CE on another

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  13. scabbsss

scabbsss Member

I think he wants to mod the orignal maps for xbox live, which is possible (I have seen people moving super fast/aa on coag, and lockout.

14. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Yea same here I ve seen their bullets curve.........Stupid autoaim B*TCHES and my bro is one of them thats why he calls him sef EvilModda

Anyways do what I said its a good idea

15. DARKTATER

DARKTATER Guest

hey i neeed help. ive gotten dot halo up and change the data but when i try to load my modded map on my xbox it wont let me it says i failed to load map. i fixed the encryption and i still wont work and by the way the map is warlock. plz help

16. DARKTATER

DARKTATER Guest

hey i neeed help. ive gotten dot halo up and change the data but when i try to load my modded map on my xbox it wont let me it says i failed to load map. i fixed the encryption and i still wont work and by the way the map is warlock. plz help

17. DARKTATER

DARKTATER Guest

sry for doublepost

18. DARKTATER

DARKTATER Guest

is any1 there?

19. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

now you quadruple posted.... and i know there has to be someway to play campaign over halo 2 xbox live and thanks for the old modding tut..

20. dannnnnnn

dannnnnnn Guest

if ne1 on this nos how to get xbl bk onto a modded xbox then id like to no. im usin the unleashed xbox dash