1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I will help for people that dont know much about mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by EvilModda, Sep 29, 2005.

1. NGUVU

NGUVU Guest

Alright guys, I am new to modding maps on Halo 2. I have a softmodded box, I can FTP to it. I have an original version of Halo 2 copied, backed up etc. I am able to burn straight multiplayer versions on CD-R and DVD-R successfully. I am even able to apply Serenity patches and .ppf skins. The big confusion in all of this is how to (easily) add maps to mainmenu.map. I saw an easy method in a turorial but the author didn't mention which program he/she used (it was a purple-blue looking app that allowed you to add slots and details etc.). I think that if someone can let me know what program to use and where to download it, that I could complete this saga of understanding the whole process (at a newbie level of course). I seem fine adding a map using a serenity patch, but am not doing as well as I hoped with .ppf's. So, please help me understand how to add maps to the menu for multiplayer. Also, is there something I need to do to get an FTPd version of Halo 2 (on drive E:) to actually work? It just reads as the disk is corrupt when attempting that. That would save me A LOT of wasted CDs/DVDs. I truly appreciate ANY and ALL help anyone has to offer. I have spent WAY too much time without the intended results that I have been craving. Thanks, NGUVU

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2005
  2. eyemsexy

eyemsexy Member

ok.let me get this straight. i just softmodded my xbox and i want to go onto xbox live. do i just need to put the disk in and i'll be fine or do i need to burn a virgin eeprom to my hard drive? and if so what is the easiest way to do it?

3. novacanc

novacanc Member

evil modda i am completly lost dude iam trying 2 setup action replay mods with splinter cell for halo2 all i m doin is screwin up and i got red and green japaneese stuff poped up

4. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

OMG you are so screwed if it says 16 at the top left corner

5. eyemsexy

eyemsexy Member

hey evilmodda what about my problem? help me out would ya. i want to go on live and i have a 300 gb hd. am i safe by putting in the disk or do i need to get a new account or do i need to flash a virgin eeprom onto my hd

6. stevatz

stevatz Member

i have a mod xbox and i was wondering.. i have an old version of XBMC and i wanted to get an updated one... how do i get it and how do i install it?????

7. nvino

nvino Member

i made millions of mods but i cant figure out how to put them on my xbox. Yes i am not a noob i already softmoded my xbox. i just cant figure out what to do. i already hacked my box and connected that with the computer. Can u help me.

8. tacofreak

tacofreak Member

hey
    i think i know how to modd my xbox but i downloaded the splinter cell files but i think they were damaged or somthin kuz it doesnt work when i go to ms dashboard it says there has been a error and ive done this with 2 xboxes so if anybody can just send me the files a would aprecciate i t alot...

9. TheKdogg

TheKdogg Member

I have been reading countless posts on this site on soft modding and modding for Halo 2 and they have been wonderful,I have a few questions and would greatly appriciate an answer! My first question is on modding after soft modding, I have already got an ftp connection and evo x on my XBOX, but I am wondering if I dont have to download the game onto my XBOX hardrive, All I want is mods on the maps I downloaded from live such as the map packs. Do I have to download the game on my harddrive for doing this, because the maps are just on my drive not the game disc. Also.... please don't anyone get upset I want to know if I can get onto live with the mods on my XBOX----------> believe me I am not going to mod people in matchmaking! I HATE THAT! I just want to show my friends cool mods that there are. THANKS SO MUCH IF YOU ANSWER!

10. SoulPlane

SoulPlane Member

How do i mod my xbox so i can super jump and hold two swords at 1 time???

11. dimiancho

dimiancho Member

Hey, how can I go to XBL with my soft-modded console?? I know people who go to live with this, and they don't uninstall the software. How can I do this? I want to play live, I don't want to mod live, I just want to play but I wanna keep my soft-modded console because I have a bunch of games. If u can help me, thanx, or maybe u know a website where they explain it. Thank u

12. TECmaster

TECmaster Member

What are tariners and emulaters and how to you get them on your xbox i can FTP if that helps

13. n1gga

n1gga Guest

well man i bought an xbox with xecutter 2 mod chip it had everything on it cause i bought it from my friend it had emulators xbmp dvdplayer and all these game management thing but i used xtoolbox and i think i clicked on root and it messed up my menu items it only has

ms dashboard
    reboot
    power off
    settings
    backup
    flashbios

now i cant do anything cant play emulators play audios or watch dvd or play games please i need help how do i get all my old folders back i didnt delete anything it still have the same hard drive space but man i need help

14. mewtwo

mewtwo Guest

i modded but i dont know how to get the mods onto my xbox i tried the ar but it says not a valid save.Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

15. mewtwo

mewtwo Guest

i know how to mod a xbox just get a ar and find the fils there one shuold be 489blocks and the other 4,5,7,8and it worcks.go to google and type tech freahs

16. oogie

oogie Guest

i want to upgrade my hd to a 80 or 120 but i was wondering if there are any spec on rpm or cache size. i want to be able to play online also if thats important

17. DarkTekno

DarkTekno Regular member

cant play on xbl with upgraded hdd

18. lodimas

lodimas Member

i really want to start modding coz i av mastered halo 2 now and its gettin borin so can u giv me the lodown on modding i realy need ur help thaks a lot m8

plz answer at my email [bold]removed[/bold] thanks

jack

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  19. Neravirne

Neravirne Member

i was trying to get my xbox back to normal and i used the backup now i keep getting erroe 13 if i try to get to my dashboard

20. DarkTekno

DarkTekno Regular member

did u delete linux and replace all maps to oigional form?