1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i5 laptop running Windows 7 with 6 GB of RAM seems to be running extremely slowly.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by wheelstb, Dec 2, 2011.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

My laptop seems to be running really slow. It is a dual core i5 at 2.3 GHz with 6 GB of RAM. I purchased it from Dell at the beginning of the summer and I don't use it as much as I thought I would in fact at the moment and hardly using it at all. So it seems to me that everything should be a decent working order.

Here's what I have tried to fix the problem. Spyware and virus scans = clean, the hard drive so all been defragmented, the registries have been cleaned out.
    I did notice that it does have 76 processes running. I know that in general Windows 7 has more processes running in the background that did Windows XP but to me this seems like a lot. Is it?

Any advice on how I can fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. Although I do not use the laptop off, I plan to be using it a lot very soon and even relying on it to be productive at my job.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

post a hijack this log and we might see something on it.

3. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

By chance are you using Norton Anti-virus?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you certain it is a dual core & not a quad core? did you get rid of all the garbage that came with the laptop like ebay, skype & trial versions of office & norton\mcaffee?

5. APREx

APREx Member

Try creating a new windows user account and see if it works faster/normal. If it does not go ahead and post a hijackthis log.

Also try:
    Go to appwiz.cpl and uninstall all the useless software that is installed there. Restart your system and run ccleaner both the cleanup as well as the registry scanner. Also go ahead and in ccleaner go to Tools > startup. Go ahead and run a google search on all of the enabled startups - disabling the ones you don't need. Also note that large desktop folders slow your system down a bit also - if you have any huge folder go ahead and move the folder to another location (maybe documents). If needed you can recreate the shortcuts to the folders on your desktop. Also open task manager and go to the processes tab - make a note of the processes using both the highest memory as well as the highest cpu usage. Your total cpu usage with no applications running should be less than 5%.

6. aldan

aldan Active member

and by all means post back.if its fixed let us know how.if not post that hjt log.cheers.

7. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I am very certain I am not using Norton antivirus

I'm going to post my log very shortly I am away from my laptop at the moment.

I am certain it is a dual core laptop. I did not want to spend that much on a quad core laptop. Although I will be dependent upon it while I work I was going to see no significant performance increase from the programs that I was running to justify the difference in price at the time I purchased it. Although I thought I was going to be relying on it heavily May through August. Unfortunately I used it very lightly during that time frame and almost not at all since then. But hopefully I will be using it heavily in the near future I am very dependent upon speech recognition software to be productive and so all I really needed was something that was going to run speech recognition relatively proficiently.

I thought I got rid of most of the junk on the laptop. Although I do believe I left eBay on their. I guess I was going to check out what it was and never got around to see if it was malicious or it would slow down my computer. I will remove that as soon as I fire up the laptop.

Thanks to everyone for the advice so far. I really think my laptop is extremely slow it actually seems to be running slower than my old core two duo running Windows XP with 4 GB of RAM.

8. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Okay, I took another look at the programs that are currently installed. Apparently I did not do nearly as good of a job as I thought I did at removing all the unwanted and unnecessary junk. I can think of a few off the top of my head that need to be removed. But I'm going to leave everything for now and post my log. I don't want to remove something out of haste to fix the problem.

A poster above mentioned that I should remove the Skype that came with the computer. I was actually looking forward to having Skype on my computer because I have never had a WebCam before. Is there any particular reason I should delete the version that came with the computer? Or is it just Skype in general that slows down the computer? Just curious.

Anyway after all that rambling here is my log.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what log?

10. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 7:03:43 PM, on 12/4/2011
    Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\KnowBrainer2011\KB2011.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking11\Program\natspeak.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10t_ActiveX.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avnotify.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - AutorunsDisabled - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - Startup: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companionlang.dll,-600 - {0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O18 - Protocol: cozi - {5356518D-FE9C-4E08-9C1F-1E872ECD367F} - c:\Program Files (x86)\Cozi Express\CoziProtocolHandler.dll
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    O23 - Service: Bluetooth Media Service - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\mediasrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Bluetooth OBEX Service - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Wireless PAN DHCP Server (MyWiFiDHCPDNS) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\PanDhcpDns.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0 (TurboBoost) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service (UNS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 10041 bytes

11. aldan

aldan Active member

i would delete the following.

before we delete anything else from this log,download,update and run,superantispyware.delete anything it comes up with.as well download,update and run,malwarebytes and delete anything it comes up with.post both logs as well as a new hijack this log and we will take it from there.you seem to have a lot of services with files missing.also run a virus scan and delete any nasties.probably dont have a problem here but just in case.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  12. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Here is my scan after running super anti-spyware. All that it found was 57 cookies. My hard drive is relatively empty it has only 52 GB of used space and about 351 GB of free space. For the majority of the scan I was running nothing else, the scan still took me 1 hr. 1 min. and 57 seconds to complete. To me that seems like it's a very long time to scan a small space without many complex files. Although I do believe I have the scan set to the most thorough setting.

When I try to run hijack this I receive an error message that says "For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file"
    I try to follow the on-screen ensure options for resolving the issue which is to go into the hosts file and delete the lines suggested by hijack this, but I do not see anything actually suggested by hijack this. Is this a problem that needs to be resolved?

I apologize for such a long post but I'm just trying to do that as much information as possible.
    Here is my scan:

Scan saved at 9:16:20 PM, on 12/5/2011

Running processes:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Startup: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companionlang.dll,-600 - {0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: cozi - {5356518D-FE9C-4E08-9C1F-1E872ECD367F} - c:\Program Files (x86)\Cozi Express\CoziProtocolHandler.dll
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    O23 - Service: Bluetooth Media Service - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\mediasrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Bluetooth OBEX Service - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Wireless PAN DHCP Server (MyWiFiDHCPDNS) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\PanDhcpDns.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0 (TurboBoost) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service (UNS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 9775 bytes

malwarebytes found nothimg.

Thanks for the help.

13. aldan

aldan Active member

delete the following

O2 - BHO: (no name) - AutorunsDisabled - (no file) by the way,didnt you already delete this one? if so post back and let me know.

post back new log and let us know how your computer is running.

14. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have tried to remove the items you suggested removing but they keep reappearing every time I do another scan. If it possible they could have just been repaired? I cannot say for sure if the laptop is running better now I will play with it more and let you guys know.

Thank you for all the help and I appreciate any advice that anyone has to offer.

15. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Tell me, if you go to your task manager, is most if not all of your memory cached? If it is, then you need to disable a process called Superfetch.

Go to Run, type in "services.msc" and press enter. Once that opens up, look for Superfetch and disable it.
    Restart your computer and check your task manager to see if your ram is now freed up.

16. aldan

aldan Active member

sorry another of my posts vanished.download,update if applicable,and run combofix.dont do anything while combofix is running,not even a mouse drag.i cannot stress that enough.also before running combofix,disable your antivirus.allow combofix to complete.at this time it will present you with a log.post the log as well as a new hijack this log and we will take it from there.

17. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

it looks like about 2200 of my 6000 MB of memory is cashed. When I run my speech recognition program which I run almost all of the time on my laptop that number fluctuates between 2300 and change and 2400 and change. I was going to disable superpitch But it turns out that process is not running.

And just scarcity isn't superpatch supposed to make the machine run more efficiently?

18. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

hers my combo fix log

ComboFix 11-12-13.03 - Tommy 12/14/2011 21:26:40.1.4 - x64
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.6058.4510 [GMT -6:00]
    Running from: c:\users\Tommy\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
    AV: AntiVir Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {090F9C29-64CE-6C6F-379C-5901B49A85B7}
    SP: AntiVir Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {B26E7DCD-42F4-63E1-0D2C-6273CF1DCF0A}
    SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    c:\programdata\Roaming
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-11-15 to 2011-12-15 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2011-12-15 03:29 . 2011-12-15 03:29 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
    2011-12-15 01:29 . 2011-12-15 01:29 69000 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{C29EFB03-881F-4440-8BCB-001E90876062}\offreg.dll
    2011-12-15 01:29 . 2011-11-21 11:40 8822856 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{C29EFB03-881F-4440-8BCB-001E90876062}\mpengine.dll
    2011-12-06 03:25 . 2011-12-06 03:25 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
    2011-12-06 03:24 . 2011-12-06 03:24 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Malwarebytes
    2011-12-06 03:24 . 2011-08-31 23:00 25416 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2011-12-02 03:01 . 2011-12-02 03:01 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\SPReview
    2011-12-02 02:57 . 2011-09-29 04:03 3144704 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
    2011-12-01 23:03 . 2011-12-01 23:03 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\EventProviders
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2011-12-02 03:16 . 2009-07-14 02:36 152576 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\msclmd.dll
    2011-12-02 03:16 . 2009-07-14 02:36 175616 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msclmd.dll
    2011-11-15 20:29 . 2011-05-06 03:14 270720 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    *Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "SUPERAntiSpyware"="c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2011-11-07 5495680]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "avgnt"="c:\program files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" [2011-03-04 281768]
    "Adobe ARM"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2011-03-30 937920]
    "Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher"="c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe" [2011-06-06 36760]
    "Acrobat Assistant 8.0"="c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe" [2011-06-06 2903448]
    c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk - c:\program files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe [2010-11-29 204288]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"= 5 (0x5)
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"= 3 (0x3)
    "EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
    "PromptOnSecureDesktop"= 0 (0x0)
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
    Security Packages REG_MULTI_SZ kerberos msv1_0 schannel wdigest tspkg pku2u livessp
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\!SASCORE]
    @=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
    @=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
    @="Driver"
    R2 Bluetooth OBEX Service;Bluetooth OBEX Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe [2010-12-14 974912]
    R3 afcdp;afcdp;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\afcdp.sys [x]
    R3 Bluetooth Media Service;Bluetooth Media Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\mediasrv.exe [2010-12-14 1298496]
    R3 Impcd;Impcd;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Impcd.sys [x]
    R3 MyWiFiDHCPDNS;Wireless PAN DHCP Server;c:\program files\Intel\WiFi\bin\PanDhcpDns.exe [2010-12-17 340240]
    R3 RSUSBSTOR;RtsUStor.Sys Realtek USB Card Reader;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\RtsUStor.sys [x]
    R3 TsUsbFlt;TsUsbFlt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tsusbflt.sys [x]
    R3 WatAdminSvc;Windows Activation Technologies Service;c:\windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe [x]
    R4 0105221304650727mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0105221304650727);c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Temp\010522~1.EXE [x]
    R4 AERTFilters;Andrea RT Filters Service;c:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.exe [2009-11-18 98208]
    R4 afcdpsrv;Acronis Nonstop Backup service;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe [2011-04-25 2326920]
    R4 DellDigitalDelivery;Dell Digital Delivery Service;c:\program files (x86)\Dell Digital Delivery\DeliveryService.exe [2010-11-16 141192]
    R4 DragonSvc;Dragon Service;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Nuance\dgnsvc.exe [2010-07-23 296808]
    R4 SBSDWSCService;SBSD Security Center Service;c:\program files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe [2009-01-26 1153368]
    R4 wlcrasvc;Windows Live Mesh remote connections service;c:\program files\Windows Live\Mesh\wlcrasvc.exe [2010-09-22 57184]
    S0 PxHlpa64;PxHlpa64;c:\windows\System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys [x]
    S0 tdrpman251;Acronis Try&Decide and Restore Points filter (build 251);c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\tdrpm251.sys [x]
    S1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV64.SYS [2011-07-22 14928]
    S1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL64.SYS [2011-07-12 12368]
    S1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys [x]
    S2 !SASCORE;SAS Core Service;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE [2011-08-11 140672]
    S2 AntiVirSchedulerService;Avira AntiVir Scheduler;c:\program files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe [2011-04-29 136360]
    S2 TurboB;Turbo Boost UI Monitor driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\TurboB.sys [x]
    S2 UNS;Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe [2010-12-20 2656280]
    S3 btmaux;Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\btmaux.sys [x]
    S3 btmhsf;btmhsf;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\btmhsf.sys [x]
    S3 CtClsFlt;Creative Camera Class Upper Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CtClsFlt.sys [x]
    S3 iBtFltCoex;iBtFltCoex;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\iBtFltCoex.sys [x]
    S3 IntcDAud;Intel(R) Display Audio;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys [x]
    S3 MEIx64;Intel(R) Management Engine Interface;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\HECIx64.sys [x]
    S3 NETwNs64;___ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys [x]
    S3 nusb3hub;Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Hub Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3hub.sys [x]
    S3 nusb3xhc;Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys [x]
    S3 RTL8167;Realtek 8167 NT Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys [x]
    S3 TurboBoost;Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0;c:\program files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe [2010-11-29 149504]
    S3 vwifimp;Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwifimp.sys [x]
    S3 wdkmd;Intel WiDi KMD;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\WDKMD.sys [x]
    Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
    2011-12-06 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3974286510-1958645639-387087755-1000Core.job
    - c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-07-19 02:22]
    2011-12-15 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3974286510-1958645639-387087755-1000UA.job
    - c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-07-19 02:22]
    --------- x86-64 -----------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "RTHDVCPL"="c:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe" [2010-12-14 6561384]
    "IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2011-01-18 167960]
    "HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2011-01-18 391704]
    "Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2011-01-18 417304]
    "Apoint"="c:\program files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe" [2011-01-05 592240]
    "IntelWireless"="c:\program files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe" [2010-12-17 1933584]
    "BTMTrayAgent"="c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll" [2010-12-14 10222080]
    "IntelTBRunOnce"="wscript.exe" [2009-07-14 168960]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
    "LoadAppInit_DLLs"=0x0
    ------- Supplementary Scan -------
    uLocal Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
    mLocal Page = c:\windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    TCP: DhcpNameServer = 24.217.0.5 24.217.201.67 68.113.206.10
    - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
    Toolbar-Locked - (no file)
    --------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}]
    @Denied: (A 2) (Everyone)
    @="FlashBroker"
    "LocalizedString"="@c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil10t_ActiveX.exe,-101"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\Elevation]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\LocalServer32]
    @="c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil10t_ActiveX.exe"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\TypeLib]
    @="{FAB3E735-69C7-453B-A446-B6823C6DF1C9}"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}]
    @="Shockwave Flash Object"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32]
    @="c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10t.ocx"
    "ThreadingModel"="Apartment"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\MiscStatus]
    @="0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ProgID]
    @="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.10"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ToolboxBitmap32]
    @="c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10t.ocx, 1"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\TypeLib]
    @="{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\Version]
    @="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\VersionIndependentProgID]
    @="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}]
    @="Macromedia Flash Factory Object"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ProgID]
    @="FlashFactory.FlashFactory.1"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ToolboxBitmap32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\TypeLib]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\Version]
    @="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\VersionIndependentProgID]
    @="FlashFactory.FlashFactory"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}]
    @="IFlashBroker4"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\ProxyStubClsid32]
    @="{00020424-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee]
    "SymbolicLinkValue"=hex(6):5c,00,72,00,65,00,67,00,69,00,73,00,74,00,72,00,79,
    00,5c,00,6d,00,61,00,63,00,68,00,69,00,6e,00,65,00,5c,00,53,00,6f,00,66,00,\
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\PCW\Security]
    @Denied: (Full) (Everyone)
    Completion time: 2011-12-14 21:31:36
    ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-12-15 03:31
    Pre-Run: 428,836,020,224 bytes free
    Post-Run: 429,016,408,064 bytes free
    - - End Of File - - 71340EC94214F085E6F84F150061865B

19. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

hers my combo fix log

ComboFix 11-12-13.03 - Tommy 12/14/2011 21:26:40.1.4 - x64
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.6058.4510 [GMT -6:00]
    Running from: c:\users\Tommy\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
    AV: AntiVir Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {090F9C29-64CE-6C6F-379C-5901B49A85B7}
    SP: AntiVir Desktop *Disabled/Updated* {B26E7DCD-42F4-63E1-0D2C-6273CF1DCF0A}
    SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    c:\programdata\Roaming
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-11-15 to 2011-12-15 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2011-12-15 03:29 . 2011-12-15 03:29 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
    2011-12-15 01:29 . 2011-12-15 01:29 69000 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{C29EFB03-881F-4440-8BCB-001E90876062}\offreg.dll
    2011-12-15 01:29 . 2011-11-21 11:40 8822856 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{C29EFB03-881F-4440-8BCB-001E90876062}\mpengine.dll
    2011-12-06 03:25 . 2011-12-06 03:25 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
    2011-12-06 03:24 . 2011-12-06 03:24 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Malwarebytes
    2011-12-06 03:24 . 2011-08-31 23:00 25416 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
    2011-12-06 00:23 . 2011-12-06 00:23 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2011-12-02 03:01 . 2011-12-02 03:01 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\SPReview
    2011-12-02 02:57 . 2011-09-29 04:03 3144704 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
    2011-12-01 23:03 . 2011-12-01 23:03 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\EventProviders
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2011-12-02 03:16 . 2009-07-14 02:36 152576 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\msclmd.dll
    2011-12-02 03:16 . 2009-07-14 02:36 175616 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msclmd.dll
    2011-11-15 20:29 . 2011-05-06 03:14 270720 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    *Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "SUPERAntiSpyware"="c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2011-11-07 5495680]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "avgnt"="c:\program files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" [2011-03-04 281768]
    "Adobe ARM"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2011-03-30 937920]
    "Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher"="c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe" [2011-06-06 36760]
    "Acrobat Assistant 8.0"="c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe" [2011-06-06 2903448]
    c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0.lnk - c:\program files\Intel\TurboBoost\SignalIslandUi.exe [2010-11-29 204288]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"= 5 (0x5)
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"= 3 (0x3)
    "EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
    "PromptOnSecureDesktop"= 0 (0x0)
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
    Security Packages REG_MULTI_SZ kerberos msv1_0 schannel wdigest tspkg pku2u livessp
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\!SASCORE]
    @=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
    @=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
    @="Driver"
    R2 Bluetooth OBEX Service;Bluetooth OBEX Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe [2010-12-14 974912]
    R3 afcdp;afcdp;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\afcdp.sys [x]
    R3 Bluetooth Media Service;Bluetooth Media Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\mediasrv.exe [2010-12-14 1298496]
    R3 Impcd;Impcd;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Impcd.sys [x]
    R3 MyWiFiDHCPDNS;Wireless PAN DHCP Server;c:\program files\Intel\WiFi\bin\PanDhcpDns.exe [2010-12-17 340240]
    R3 RSUSBSTOR;RtsUStor.Sys Realtek USB Card Reader;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\RtsUStor.sys [x]
    R3 TsUsbFlt;TsUsbFlt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tsusbflt.sys [x]
    R3 WatAdminSvc;Windows Activation Technologies Service;c:\windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe [x]
    R4 0105221304650727mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0105221304650727);c:\users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Temp\010522~1.EXE [x]
    R4 AERTFilters;Andrea RT Filters Service;c:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.exe [2009-11-18 98208]
    R4 afcdpsrv;Acronis Nonstop Backup service;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe [2011-04-25 2326920]
    R4 DellDigitalDelivery;Dell Digital Delivery Service;c:\program files (x86)\Dell Digital Delivery\DeliveryService.exe [2010-11-16 141192]
    R4 DragonSvc;Dragon Service;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Nuance\dgnsvc.exe [2010-07-23 296808]
    R4 SBSDWSCService;SBSD Security Center Service;c:\program files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe [2009-01-26 1153368]
    R4 wlcrasvc;Windows Live Mesh remote connections service;c:\program files\Windows Live\Mesh\wlcrasvc.exe [2010-09-22 57184]
    S0 PxHlpa64;PxHlpa64;c:\windows\System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys [x]
    S0 tdrpman251;Acronis Try&Decide and Restore Points filter (build 251);c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\tdrpm251.sys [x]
    S1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV64.SYS [2011-07-22 14928]
    S1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL64.SYS [2011-07-12 12368]
    S1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys [x]
    S2 !SASCORE;SAS Core Service;c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE [2011-08-11 140672]
    S2 AntiVirSchedulerService;Avira AntiVir Scheduler;c:\program files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe [2011-04-29 136360]
    S2 TurboB;Turbo Boost UI Monitor driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\TurboB.sys [x]
    S2 UNS;Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe [2010-12-20 2656280]
    S3 btmaux;Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\btmaux.sys [x]
    S3 btmhsf;btmhsf;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\btmhsf.sys [x]
    S3 CtClsFlt;Creative Camera Class Upper Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CtClsFlt.sys [x]
    S3 iBtFltCoex;iBtFltCoex;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\iBtFltCoex.sys [x]
    S3 IntcDAud;Intel(R) Display Audio;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys [x]
    S3 MEIx64;Intel(R) Management Engine Interface;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\HECIx64.sys [x]
    S3 NETwNs64;___ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys [x]
    S3 nusb3hub;Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Hub Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3hub.sys [x]
    S3 nusb3xhc;Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys [x]
    S3 RTL8167;Realtek 8167 NT Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys [x]
    S3 TurboBoost;Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0;c:\program files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe [2010-11-29 149504]
    S3 vwifimp;Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwifimp.sys [x]
    S3 wdkmd;Intel WiDi KMD;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\WDKMD.sys [x]
    Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
    2011-12-06 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3974286510-1958645639-387087755-1000Core.job
    2011-12-15 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3974286510-1958645639-387087755-1000UA.job
    --------- x86-64 -----------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "RTHDVCPL"="c:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe" [2010-12-14 6561384]
    "IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2011-01-18 167960]
    "HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2011-01-18 391704]
    "Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2011-01-18 417304]
    "Apoint"="c:\program files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe" [2011-01-05 592240]
    "IntelWireless"="c:\program files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe" [2010-12-17 1933584]
    "BTMTrayAgent"="c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll" [2010-12-14 10222080]
    "IntelTBRunOnce"="wscript.exe" [2009-07-14 168960]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
    "LoadAppInit_DLLs"=0x0
    ------- Supplementary Scan -------
    uLocal Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
    mLocal Page = c:\windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    TCP: DhcpNameServer = 24.217.0.5 24.217.201.67 68.113.206.10
    - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
    --------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}]
    @="FlashBroker"
    "LocalizedString"="@c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil10t_ActiveX.exe,-101"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\Elevation]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\LocalServer32]
    @="c:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil10t_ActiveX.exe"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\TypeLib]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}]
    @="Shockwave Flash Object"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\MiscStatus]
    @="0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ProgID]
    @="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.10"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ToolboxBitmap32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\TypeLib]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\Version]
    @="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\VersionIndependentProgID]
    @="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}]
    @="Macromedia Flash Factory Object"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ProgID]
    @="FlashFactory.FlashFactory.1"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\ToolboxBitmap32]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\TypeLib]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\Version]
    @="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\VersionIndependentProgID]
    @="FlashFactory.FlashFactory"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}]
    @="IFlashBroker4"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\ProxyStubClsid32]
    @="{00020424-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="1.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee]
    "SymbolicLinkValue"=hex(6):5c,00,72,00,65,00,67,00,69,00,73,00,74,00,72,00,79,
    00,5c,00,6d,00,61,00,63,00,68,00,69,00,6e,00,65,00,5c,00,53,00,6f,00,66,00,\
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\PCW\Security]
    @Denied: (Full) (Everyone)
    Completion time: 2011-12-14 21:31:36
    ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-12-15 03:31
    Pre-Run: 428,836,020,224 bytes free
    Post-Run: 429,016,408,064 bytes free
    - - End Of File - - 71340EC94214F085E6F84F150061865B

20. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

hijackthis log

Scan saved at 9:38:41 PM, on 12/14/2011

Running processes:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE

--
    End of file - 9280 bytes