1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem i7-4770K CPU fail after running Diagnostic tool

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pliskin01, Oct 18, 2018.

1. pliskin01

pliskin01 Member

HI

I have a i7-4770K CPU and the setup I have has been working for around 4 years now with no change in hardware, but for the last couple of months my computer has been randomly crashing. I have taken out the GPU and now im just using the on board graphics to see if it was that causing the problem, the same still happend. I then used different memory but it still keeps crashing to the blue screen with the message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I now think it is a processor problem, after running the intel processor diagnostic tool at least 50+ times as it keeps crashing, I get fails in the following categories: Floating Point, Math, GPUStressW and SPBC. Is there anything I can do? is it the processor or could it be something else I'm overlooking. any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Kennedy

2. aldan

aldan Active member

first thing to try is going thttps://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028662/windows-how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerroro this site.what windows are you running?

3. pliskin01

pliskin01 Member

Hi thanks for the reply
    Yes I've run that and got all the updates
    I'm running Windows 10.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

the cpu would be among the last things i would suspect.download and make a bootable usb or cd of memtest and run it to test your ram.https://www.memtest86.com/

5. pliskin01

pliskin01 Member

Ok will do, it will be day or so before I can do it, but I will be back with the results.