1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i7 stutters when playing mpeg4 content

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Boris_B, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Boris_B

Boris_B Member

I have recently bought i7-930 with 6GB RAM and a GeForce 470. I'm having stuttering problems when playing Xvid-encoded videos (and possibly other mpeg4 content).

When a fast-moving scene comes the video pauses and shows a slide-show for a few seconds and then it continues normally, while the sound doesn't stutter at all. I'm using K-lite codec pack (ffdshow) and Media Player classic. I never had any problems with any of them before (previous rig, laptop, wife's rig...).

The CPU usage for MPC is always 0%. I have tried at least 5 last versions of K-lite and it seems that with newer versions the problem appears less often, but still often enough.

I tried using the search but nothing similar came up. Any advice?

2. tomyr7

tomyr7 Member

Try using either vlcplayer or the one I'm using these days which I think is great is kmplayer

Both are free & should work but kmplayer is definitely better for playing .mkv files and its nicer to use for keyboard shortcuts, video & audio properties etc.

VLCplayer

KMplayer