1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iBook G4

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Infectus, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Infectus

Infectus Member

Im about to take a 3 year course in Audio Engineering and am planning to buy a mac laptop, having heard that iBooks are affordable and very well credited im concidering buying one.

a few questions, is mac better than pc or do they each have there unique qualitys?

is it difficult to make the jump from pc to mac?

and will buying a mac for my education in sound engineering help me or am i better off just buying a normal windows laptop?

thanks to anyne willing to help.

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

it really depends on what power and software you will need to use.. i'm hoping this thread won't become a flame thread.

if you are doing audio.. do you need to import the audio to the machine? the ibook will NOT have the audio input.. as where the powerbook will...

i dont know about the pc laptops.. but that's what i think.

i would go with the 12 inch pb

3. Infectus

Infectus Member

The powerbook is a little out of my price range and i doubt there will be any audio input, basically i will need to edit audio files such as mp3 and wave. i heard mac was made for this sort of thing but what am asking is if it is really that much better than just buying a normal (cheaper) pc laptop

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

either a 12 or 14 inch ibook should be more than fine.. just remember to upgrade your ram

5. Infectus

Infectus Member

ok dokie

6. Londor

Londor Guest

Apple is hosting a special event on February the 28th and it is rumoured that the new iBook will be announced (MacBook - 13" widescreen).

If I were you I would hold off buying an iBook until the new ones are released.

7. Infectus

Infectus Member

thanks i heard of that but like i said i have a low budget so i doubt i could afford a new launch laptop and i do need it for march so i cant see the price going down by then, thanks anyway

8. Londor

Londor Guest

The new ones will have the same price as the old ones if not slightly cheaper and as soon as
    the new ones are out the old ones will be heavily discounted. Wait till the end of the month or
    you will be pulling your hair out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2006
  9. Infectus

Infectus Member

cool thanks alot man i never knew that, nice one