1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ibuypower PC = Crap

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by keithyb, Feb 23, 2007.

1. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

My friend purchased an ibuypower PC. He has had nothing but problems when using it. When we started installing games on it and the sound gets messed up. It starts to skip It takes 3 times longer to install then on my dell thats 6 years old. It has 1 gb of ram PCI-E Nvidia Evga 7300 512 graphics card, Intel BX80557E6300 Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache. At first he computer didn't do this but now it does it after about 10 minutes of playing company of heroes or Bf2142. The game starts to get wicked bogged down for about 10 minutes then will stop for 5 then it repeats. I updated to the latest drivers for him and It still did it. So i decided to try a reformat. After reformating the same thing happend. I'm not sure what the problem is. I might try installing my geforce 7800 GT OC BFG card in it.

It could be any one of these problems..any feedback would be great.

1) The Graphics card is over heating.
    2) Hardware problem with graphics card.
    3) The CPU is overheating or there is a problem with it.
    4) Problem with CD rom(i'm thinking this is probably not it seeing how the games are run from the hard drives. Not sure why we would get the problem when installing the games however.

5) Hard drive problem???

Any feed back on what it might be would be great. Thanks

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

A new PC should not have these problems. Probably an Asus or Asrock motherboard and a cheap video card that lacks adequate cooling. I'd return it. Your friend might try installing additional fans (80 mm, probably, which go in the front and/or back of the case). But while cooling is critical to any modern computer, your friend's PC shouldn't be having these problems and they are indicating of cheap components and a crappy build. It's unacceptable under any circumstance. Return it, stop payment, contact the Better Business Bureau, threaten to post all over the internet how bad the maker is, whatever it takes to get your friend's money back.

Do not buy another PC, and be wary of any "replacement" offers.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I have to agree with dunker here, such a brand spanking new system should not be this troublesome.
    Bring it back and demand a refund, and get an equal or better pc somewhere else.

4. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Thanks guys! I'll keep you updated